The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teaaacup
yeah everyone said i definately should have got into halls. was just pure bad luck for me i guess. i mean i love my housemates, just i wish i was in halls becuase of the experience, being near town etc.

I found halls experience to be really overrated :biggrin: you never know who/where you'll end up, could be great, but it could also be equally as depressing (anti-social flatmates etc)

I think you should definitely go for University application this year. It might seem like a short time to make up your mind but maybe that is a good thing to help you prioritize what is most important to you. You might not end up going, but at least you would be giving yourself the opportunity. At the very least you'll be able to cross out another subject you don't want to do and make a better choice next year :biggrin:

You've got potential and an exciting chance to start afresh, I have a feeling you'll benefit from a better environment (student life/city life/quality of teaching/nicer staff), so don't get too hung up over which subject you choose :smile: just ask yourself if University is what you want.
Reply 21
Jobs - when I dropped out I got back with a company Id been at through an employment agency. It was factory work but it was money and in a way I was happier having got out of York without having done something stupid (ie. suicide attempt.) and knowing Imight put it right next time than I ever was! I bought a second hand car and drove round the country with mates from home some weekends - they were good times! So joiningan agency will almost guarantee you work and the University...of life! for a year.
Original post by teaaacup
yeah everyone said i definately should have got into halls. was just pure bad luck for me i guess. i mean i love my housemates, just i wish i was in halls becuase of the experience, being near town etc. i have literally applied for jobs evrywhere i can e.g. i live in wiltshire so have applied for jobs all around there or my alternative is to live in bristol with my dad which yet again i have applied for jobs, almost any type of jobs too. thank you :smile: so you think i should go to uni?

I would find business studies boring too lol. Yes, obviously its your choice but you could have a really good time and its a worthwhile experience. Maybe do some research on health and social care degrees and find a place that really appeals to you.
Hey there- this message is super late but i am in exactly the same position your in. Im currently studying biomed; i got good graded and everyone kinda steered me into the medicine path. Ive been good at all subjects but never found one i really enjoy. I hate university and the course. I live in halls but I'm not really clicking with anyone since theyre into their courses. Im really depressed and sad and I want to drop out but i dont know what to do. Im getting tons of different advice; im really really confused. Since its been 3 years now for you can you give me some advice please; it would mean the world to me. Im going back to uni today (come home for the weekends) and im already dreading it.Thanks in advance.
Reply 24
Original post by hshah1
Hey there- this message is super late but i am in exactly the same position your in. Im currently studying biomed; i got good graded and everyone kinda steered me into the medicine path. Ive been good at all subjects but never found one i really enjoy. I hate university and the course. I live in halls but I'm not really clicking with anyone since theyre into their courses. Im really depressed and sad and I want to drop out but i dont know what to do. Im getting tons of different advice; im really really confused. Since its been 3 years now for you can you give me some advice please; it would mean the world to me. Im going back to uni today (come home for the weekends) and im already dreading it.Thanks in advance.

Make your own thread rather than dragging up one that's 3 years old.

Latest