The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anthropology

Ok..so i had to take some electives and psychology clashed with pretty much everything, so i had to take up anthropology. Ive chosen diversity and the peoples and culture. had first p and c lecture today, seems ok but ive not diversity yet. it sound slike its biologically based, which i suck at. So, im wondering if i should swap and do something in sociology. I currently studying single honours psychology, so if its similar i may as well stay with anthropology.

Anyoen got any ideas? anyone done the biodiversity module ? perhaps you could tell me what it involves cheers. similarly anyone whos done the sociology modules could you recommend one that is not too similar to pscyhology, but moreso like the cultures module in anthropology

danke schon:p:
Reply 1
I reckon you can swap, we were told we could change electives if it wasn't too late. There has only been one Sociology lecture so far, and we didn't actually do any Sociology so you haven't missed anything.

I was in Peoples & Cultures today...the teacher is abit batty, and I accidentally drifted off. But that was the first and last time :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
mr sillyfeet or something? what a fruitloop! lol:rolleyes:
Prof. Sillitoe!

I didn't actually find his name funny....

I fell asleep in that lecture too haha oops...

I also fell asleep in the first Sociology lecture because I found it the most patronising thing ever....I have an A-level in English...of course I can write using correct grammar etc.
Reply 4
Oh god, if you're taking social science modules then expect a lot of patronising 'study skills' sessions and whole lectures on how to avoid making spelling mistakes. God, so glad I'm not a first year anymore! :biggrin:

Btw I found human origins and diversity really interesting, but then I like learning about our ancestors and the relationships between different species and stuff. It's not the kind of biology you do at school, but it focuses a lot on evolution.
Reply 5
as long as i dont have to constantly refer to gene cells and talk about mitosis and crap like that i should be ok.
Reply 6
cherrychocolate

I also fell asleep in the first Sociology lecture because I found it the most patronising thing ever....I have an A-level in English...of course I can write using correct grammar etc.

I suppose they do mark a lot of sloppy essays, but to assume we are all completely incapable is abit ****.
Reply 7
cherrychocolate

You'd think most people would be OK, but no. I know so many people (a couple of English students.....) who just have NO idea about grammar or spelling or how to structure an essay!! I'm sure they found it useful! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending