The Student Room Group

i like this girl

i really like this girl who I've met a few times and she's asked me to help her something with the computers... now what should I do from there? do I tell her that she looks nice ( <-- do girls actually like this lame comment?), should I ask for her number (or should I just give her mine to tell her that she can call me whenever she has any problems :p: , and tell her that since you have mine you can give me yours?)
Just ask for her number and ask if you can take her out, or if you dont think you are ready for that compliment her and ask for her number!
Reply 2
i am ready, but is it a good idea to ask for her number AND for a drink on the same occasion?
Reply 3
oh since she's one year younger the only place where i'm going to see her is the library - but others will be there so....
Get to know her a bit more before having a relationship
Anonymous
i am ready, but is it a good idea to ask for her number AND for a drink on the same occasion?
There's no reason why not. Personally I wouldn't though, I'd either ask her out for a drink and get her number then, or ask for her number then give her a text and ask if she wants to go out sometime (well it would actually just be the first because I don't actually own a phone at this moment in time). Nothing to stop you asking for both though. I would say you can get to know her when you go out with her, there's not much point in procastinating :smile:
Anonymous
i really like this girl who I've met a few times and she's asked me to help her something with the computers... now what should I do from there? do I tell her that she looks nice ( <-- do girls actually like this lame comment?), should I ask for her number (or should I just give her mine to tell her that she can call me whenever she has any problems :p: , and tell her that since you have mine you can give me yours?)

get her email address if she has one, it sounds less informal than asking for her number and if ure helping her with computers anyway (assuming its not how to use emails :biggrin: ) then it seems a natural progression to ask for her email and maybe be on hand if she needs help or something, if she has MSN, even better, you can get to know her better online and then maybe go for the number/date e.t.c.
Reply 7
Anonymous

Ask her for a drink and THEN her no. to arrange it :wink:
Reply 8
but girls (or boys), do I just ask her for a drink? or should i do that when I know her better??
Reply 9
"hey, do you wanna go out for a drink some time? it'll be cool to get to you know better"
Reply 10
cool :p:
Reply 11
Yeah ask her for a drink and get her number to arrange it, easy and the best way to do it, don't get her email, if you call people it's harder for them to ignore :smile:
Reply 12
britishseapower
get her email address if she has one, it sounds less informal than asking for her number and if ure helping her with computers anyway (assuming its not how to use emails :biggrin: ) then it seems a natural progression to ask for her email and maybe be on hand if she needs help or something, if she has MSN, even better, you can get to know her better online and then maybe go for the number/date e.t.c.

Nope. Nope. Nope. MSN is not better. I used to think like that, as I hate speaking on phones, and texts drive me crazy waiting for replies ("has she got it? is she ignoring me? is her phone turned on? maybe it's out of battery? has she lost it? did the text not get through? should I send another one asking her if she got it? did she read it then forget about it? does that mean she's not interested?" etc etc etc) But MSN is the touch of death when you're dealing with girls you like. Well, for me it is anyway. I talk to them online fine, then when I go to speak to them in person it's suddenly rather awkward. Also, I find they're much more likely to put you into the friend category if you get to know them online rather than in person...
Perhaps thats why my crush took 5 steps back away from me today when I started discussing the user interface on certain mobiles & wanted to play with my best friend's Macbook Pro. :p:

I think that its slightly forward to collect & plot in the same fell swoop unless you can pull it off without sounding desperate, but do get your number, MSN, email address out into the open. For instance, I'll organize study sessions for different classes, and get a bunch of my friends to go, and then invite the person I'm aiming to invite, so they feel comfortable, get my number & contact info so we can plan.
Reply 14
i'm not sure what to do now - saw her in the library again but she's quite busy doing sports so hasn't got time to sort out computer stuff quite yet, but term gets even more hectic for her (and for me as well) so I might not have a chance to see her that often? I recommended her few books but at the end I should have helped her put away books, but I was too scared since there were others and I just froze :frown:
Reply 15
oh and i'm not sure if she likes me at all - she knows I'm looking at her time to time (quite often :p: ) but she just seems to ignore me and pretends can't see me?? but she does talk to me when i initiate a conversation? come on girls... help.
Reply 16
anyone.....
Reply 17
Anonymous
oh and i'm not sure if she likes me at all - she knows I'm looking at her time to time (quite often :p: ) but she just seems to ignore me and pretends can't see me?? but she does talk to me when i initiate a conversation? come on girls... help.

May not be a good sign. If she liked you she'd probably return the glance and give you a smile or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending