The Student Room Group

I love smart boys! Any other girls like me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The_Internet
Oh dear... Tbh, I think it's true for both sexes? I swear most guys/girls want someone who's quite smart?

Nobody wants someone who won't be able to provide for them and their kids.
Original post by sytner9
I go to Oxford and I am reading Chemistry :wink:

I go to Oxford and I am reading Chemistry, and I have a 10 inch dick :wink:
Original post by Yeah dude
Too far! spread the love, don't create wars

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's true.. not inciting a war.. just wondering.. who really actively seeks out a numb skull for a partner. .
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's true.. not inciting a war.. just wondering.. who really actively seeks out a numb skull for a partner. .

You tell me, what do you define a 'numb skull" as, and what do you define intelligent as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finding a smart guy is definitely a massive turn on. Love a good intellectual conversation, but there are other important aspects like humour, personality etc. I would class myself as smart, but seems like there aren't any smart guys looking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morrisseya

You'll be digging to china tonight boy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree.. could you imagine dating someone like Joey Essex, I'm sure his stupid would rub off on you
Dayum I'm not that smart, not academically anyway although I wouldn't say I'm intellectually challenged either. So I've still got a chance right :K:
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous
I love it when boys are really clever and its a major turn on, intelligence is soo attractive, what do you girls think?

Yep agreed. I dated a guy who wasn't very 'intelligent' before and i couldn't hack it :tongue: i don't mean to sound nasty but I am quite 'intellectual' and it was difficult to find something 'deep' to talk about with him because he didn't have any views on things which i found interesting. and i felt intellectually superior, which isn't really a good way to start...
My boyfriend is the smartest person i know and i look up to him because of that.
so in summary yes its very important to me!

at the same time i wouldn't say no to something casual if someone was really attractive but not that intelligent.
and there are intelligent people who i don't find attractive at all, so its not a blanket policy :tongue:
basically a good combination of intelligence and chemistry is my ideal date...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sytner9
I go to Oxford and I am reading Chemistry :wink:

Well, what a fine lad you are then :colondollar: :congrats:
It would be hilarious if OP were actually a "smart" guy trying to see what women thought of him

Anyone who thinks they are smart normally isn't.
Reply 71

but your profile says you're a girl... :eek: are you a lady boy? :confused:
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Finding a smart guy is definitely a massive turn on. Love a good intellectual conversation, but there are other important aspects like humour, personality etc. I would class myself as smart, but seems like there aren't any smart guys looking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I struggle to survive without a solid intellectual conversation every so often..
Original post by Quantum Confinement
I struggle to survive without a solid intellectual conversation every so often..

I'm the same, it's so important to keep your mind stimulated, especially with interesting fun people! It's good to have a mix, definitely need someone who you can have a laugh with but talk about serious topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
I'm the same, it's so important to keep your mind stimulated, especially with interesting fun people! It's good to have a mix, definitely need someone who you can have a laugh with but talk about serious topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's great when you find a good balance of wit, general banter and sophistication in conversations.
Hate having a great idea but seeing there is no-one around who'd appreciate it as such!
Some that you cannot discuss current events with, someone that is just not intellectual at all. Their main goal in life is to purchase the latest brand of trainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Some that you cannot discuss current events with, someone that is just not intellectual at all. Their main goal in life is to purchase the latest brand of trainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand these people... Knowledge>trainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes I love guys who love science and Star Trek and Stargate :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean you love them as friends but really want nothing to do with them beyond that?
Original post by rachu
yes .. my friends and I joke that when I start uni the first thing I will do is sit in the library and stalk smart guys :colondollar:

You mean you looked at them as they went about their business? I wouldn't call that stalking.
Original post by Quantum Confinement
It's great when you find a good balance of wit, general banter and sophistication in conversations.
Hate having a great idea but seeing there is no-one around who'd appreciate it as such!

Exactly! Those conversations are the best. I completely get what you mean, I can just be sat there thinking about something and want someone to be able to understand and comment on it, but there never is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest