The Student Room Group

What does a Zoology degree involve and what skills are needed?

I am incredibly interested in conservation and would like to pursue it as a career.

I have a good amount of work experience with animals and conservation, although I would like to further this and attend some lectures too.

However I am not outstanding in science. I currently do Biology, Geography, English and Theology at AS, and an EPQ in ecotourism. I am working at an A grade in Biology (and similar in my other subjects), but I have not taken other sciences because in those I am not so capable.

What does the course entail? Would I struggle in a Zoology degree? I am incredibly passionate, and relatively good at motivating myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated, sorry if this is the wrong forum - kinda new here!
Reply 1
Original post by Han-

Have you considered Ecology and Conversation BSc type courses? or there's similar like Ecology and Wildlife Conservation. It sounds like they may be more suited to your interests and future desires, as whilst I imagine you'll get some conversation modules in Zoology most of it will be very focused on the animal side. Lots of these courses seem happy to take Geography as the second science so i'm assuming you'd be sufficiently well set up.

Quick Reply

Latest