The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yup. don't lie.
Reply 2
They can check.
Reply 3
That's a reaallly bad idea
Reply 4
obviously i dont condone the lying....but although ucas can check, they're not gonna hav reason 2 actually check, because hw would they suspect if ur lying? theres 1000s of applicants, so its gna behard to check them all

The only way i could possibly think that you could get found out, is when u send it 2 your referee, and your year head/teacher can check if you put down the correct gcse results.

But i still wouldnt advise doing it. If ur caught out, ur screwed!
You risk getting your entire application cancelled! Instead, make up for it by showing them what potential you have in your PS :smile:
Reply 6
hey thanks. i dont think i will lie actually. i wouldnt feel ok about it anyway.
Um it could backfire on you in later life even if they don't catch you now as you might just have to keep lying. I suppose u can get away lying. I think my university only ever checked my A_levels via UCAS. If you were a doctor and screwed up an operation or got struck off as a solicitor the press may well search these things and love the dirt. Its normally when your naughty later on that things get u
na ucas check im sure off it. if your gunna lie do it in your PS. im not promoting this but out of the whole application thats probably where you would be least likely to get caught. but im sure no one resorts to such means we are all ethical here right. :wink:
I am under the impression (possibly incorrect) that making false claims about qualifications is actually a criminal offence too.
don't your teachers check it before you send it off? They would prob know if you had lied about your grades
Just write loads of groovy things in your personal statement instead.
:smile:
If you're going to lie then do it in your PS. How on earth are UCAS, the University or your School going to know that you didn't do X, Y or Z? Just make sure you know your lies though, especialy if any of the Universities you are applying to like Interviews. Not that I'm condoning lying
Um I was thinking of lying myself actually about being a lecturer so I can use the nicer SCR lecturer toilet and shower in my residence. Lying is quite naughty but I thinking like a lawyer there could be some serious issues over interpretation of the sign if I get caught. Just lie over minor silly things that you can work your way out of, grades are too set in stone. You'd be better lying about being such an all-round person cos you won some school debating class
Reply 14
UCAS don't check up on every application, it's randomized so one in every so many applications submitted get a qualifications check. Those that come back with incorrect matches or undeclared GCSE grades just get sent back.
I can't believe you even suggested it!
Perhaps this post woz a joke to catch peoples' reactions
Reply 17
sirhappy
hey everyone. i was wondering if i could lie about one or two of my GCSE's as they werent the best. i realise this wouldnt give me a great boast but ill take what i can. is ther any chance of them finding out and actually checking ur GCSE's? thanks

Naughtyness
I lied ... I don't have a single GCSE pass and look where I am today.
Lewis-HuStuJCR
I lied ... I don't have a single GCSE pass and look where I am today.

Exactly, if you want to get thrown out of the country half way through your LLB then lie. :p:

Latest