The Student Room Group

UNIVERSITY OFFERS (with bad AS grade)

So heres the thing. Im doing Maths, ICT and Physics at A-Level looking for a course in Computer Science. Our year group only do May/June modules and no January ones. At AS level I got the grades BBU, with the U in physics. I am determined to pull this grade up by working extremely hard all year round to get at least a B.

I have applied to Queens University Belfast which is my Ultimate goal, and also a little harder to get into than other unis, with minimum requirements BBB. However in my application I had to mention I got the U grade and in my statement mentioned how im going to work on that grade. My application has now been sent to my choices and I am extremely worried they will see the U and not even give me an offer. Before i get a reply I would like to see what you guys have to say and what are my chances, as of right now I am ****ting myself :/

Thanks, Ryan.
Reply 1
If you are resitting the AS exam then I think (at least this is what my careers teacher said) that while the unis can see your AS grade they actually look at the new predicted grade instead!
Original post by Marshall16
So heres the thing. Im doing Maths, ICT and Physics at A-Level looking for a course in Computer Science. Our year group only do May/June modules and no January ones. At AS level I got the grades BBU, with the U in physics. I am determined to pull this grade up by working extremely hard all year round to get at least a B.

I have applied to Queens University Belfast which is my Ultimate goal, and also a little harder to get into than other unis, with minimum requirements BBB. However in my application I had to mention I got the U grade and in my statement mentioned how im going to work on that grade. My application has now been sent to my choices and I am extremely worried they will see the U and not even give me an offer. Before i get a reply I would like to see what you guys have to say and what are my chances, as of right now I am ****ting myself :/

Thanks, Ryan.

Hey!

Universities don't only look at AS grades. They also look at A2 predicted and your school's reference. Don't worry!
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, Ryan.

I got BCD in Business studies, maths and physics (respectively) and I've got offers from Manchester, Loughborough and Salford so far for Civil Engineering!!
Reply 4
Original post by kabuligirl
Hey!

Universities don't only look at AS grades. They also look at A2 predicted and your school's reference. Don't worry!
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a little comforting :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Incubator
I got BCD in Business studies, maths and physics (respectively) and I've got offers from Manchester, Loughborough and Salford so far for Civil Engineering!!

Thats amazing mate! But you didn't fail any of your subjects and thats why im really scared in case uni's be like 'NOPE YOU GOT U GTFO' haha
Thats amazing mate! But you didn't fail any of your subjects and thats why im really scared in case uni's be like 'NOPE YOU GOT U GTFO' haha

Haha well in my favour I had a really strong personal statement
Reply 7
Original post by Incubator
Haha well in my favour I had a really strong personal statement

Thats good because i was told my ps was great as well as I have a lot of extra activites (volunteeting and stuff) on it, wish me luck :smile:
Thats good because i was told my ps was great as well as I have a lot of extra activites (volunteeting and stuff) on it, wish me luck :smile:

yeah haha! Good luck! I have 6 weeks of an Industrial Engineering placement, and play badminton, football and cricket. So had a lot to write about :biggrin:
Reply 9
Update: Just got a reply from Glasgow and got an offer, AAB I need :smile:
Update: Just got a reply from Glasgow and got an offer, AAB I need :smile:

Congrats!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest