The Student Room Group

New to dating...

So I'm 18 and I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date. I recently met someone online who lives nearby and we're planning on meeting. I'm being very safe about it, firstly made sure he's not a catfish, and I won't be travelling alone to go and meet him, and I'm meeting him in a public place. I'm really nervous as I have no idea what is appropriate for first dates, do I hug him when I see him and do I kiss him at the end or not?! I also have no idea what to wear because it will be freezing and I want to look good, but still want to be warm...so fashion tips please!

Basically any first date tips will be great! Thank youuu!
I would act casual, as its a first meet, and don't see it as a date, play it casual with a wave hey, and see where he's at. Maybe dress casual, jeans and a nice top will work, and meeting for a coffee or something low key. You want to make sure you both are comfortable with the new situation. Make casual chat, and get to know each other. Keep phone on silent and handy but not out, that goes for the both of you..you're on a date not meeting a friend. Let your friends know you got there ok, and maybe at a stretch text half way through to let them know you're ok, and you've met. Don't feel the need to rush and ask thousands of questions, take it in turns, and leave him to want to know more, and maybe be that the cue to say, it was nice to meet you, we must do it again. Just a thought, if something feels awkward, if you wish you could take back something you said, or if your mind just went blank and you can’t remember something that's been said then speak up.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending