The Student Room Group

New app idea

Hey guys
Knowing how distressing and annoying losing an oyster card and student card can be especially when running late or reaching the no-money zone :frown:. We are interested in helping every student feel comfortable, relaxed and happy in every way possible. This is why we have come up with an idea of creating a free app that can help track these cards whenever misplaced or lost. However, we will like to know your views and opinions about this idea. Would you install an app that can help you track these cards when misplaced? What other features do u]you think this app should have? What other ideas do u think u have that we could create an app for? We would be waiting to hear from you. thanks guys and have a lovely day / week. :smile: :smile: :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
how could you track the card?
if it's based on other people putting up my name/information and where it is and for me to put in my information and a match to be found, no.
I wouldn't bother checking because the majority wouldn't have it unless you had some amazing advertising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MNITJC
how could you track the card?
if it's based on other people putting up my name/information and where it is and for me to put in my information and a match to be found, no.
I wouldn't bother checking because the majority wouldn't have it unless you had some amazing advertising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No,it does not involve that. It is about the app giving u details of where u left the cards. You get the idea?
Reply 3
Original post by itz_boj
No,it does not involve that. It is about the app giving u details of where u left the cards. You get the idea?

So I tell the app where I left it... Then what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by MNITJC
So I tell the app where I left it... Then what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, you would have registered your oyster card number on the app and whenever you misplace it, u log on to the app and it tells u where the card is. What do u think?
Reply 5
Original post by itz_boj
Basically, you would have registered your oyster card number on the app and whenever you misplace it, u log on to the app and it tells u where the card is. What do u think?

I'm struggling to see how you'd track the card. It doesn't have GPS... I think if this was legitimately possible for cards to be tracked, someone would do it rather than banks issuing new cards the minute you lose your current one... and fraud would be much easier to trace in some cases.
I personally wouldn't trust giving any information to an app where I'm struggling to see how they could work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by MNITJC
I'm struggling to see how you'd track the card. It doesn't have GPS... I think if this was legitimately possible for cards to be tracked, someone would do it rather than banks issuing new cards the minute you lose your current one... and fraud would be much easier to trace in some cases.
I personally wouldn't trust giving any information to an app where I'm struggling to see how they could work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, we are planning to put a tracking chip in the cards, so that make it much more easier.
Reply 7
Original post by itz_boj
Well, we are planning to put a tracking chip in the cards, so that make it much more easier.

YOU (as in the app company) will put tracking parts into my Oyster card? unless it's been authorised by TFL, then no. A small company being able to monitor where I go? No thanks. And tracking chips would cost money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by MNITJC
YOU (as in the app company) will put tracking parts into my Oyster card? unless it's been authorised by TFL, then no. A small company being able to monitor where I go? No thanks. And tracking chips would cost money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, u are quite interesting :smile:. we are looking to getting it authorised by Tfl but we need people's view about the idea first
Reply 9
Original post by itz_boj
Lol, u are quite interesting :smile:. we are looking to getting it authorised by Tfl but we need people's view about the idea first

And you could also be of help by inviting people to state their views on this idea :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by itz_boj

how would you make a profit?
why wouldn't TFL do this themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by MNITJC
how would you make a profit?
why wouldn't TFL do this themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot for your contribution :smile:. but you havent answered the questions about what u think about the app and what features you think the app should include.
Reply 12
Original post by itz_boj
Thanks a lot for your contribution :smile:. but you havent answered the questions about what u think about the app and what features you think the app should include.

you need to explain the app and how it would work before I could comment. if there was an app that could work, that's all I'd want that app for. that app has the purpose of telling me about my tube card. but it's need to be legitimate, and need to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by MNITJC
you need to explain the app and how it would work before I could comment. if there was an app that could work, that's all I'd want that app for. that app has the purpose of telling me about my tube card. but it's need to be legitimate, and need to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool, can i pls get your email address or contact info cos i have to be up early tomorrow and i have to go to bed now.
Reply 14
Original post by itz_boj
cool, can i pls get your email address or contact info cos i have to be up early tomorrow and i have to go to bed now.

there's a messaging feature on TSR... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by MNITJC
there's a messaging feature on TSR... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh, thanks:smile:, please check your inbox. thanks
Reply 16
Original post by itz_boj

How will that be possible? TFL would not allow a small company to put chips in their Oyster Cards? And will you be making any profit from this? If so, how?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending