The Student Room Group

do #s count?

(edited 3 years ago)
I think it'll be different but I'd advise to ask a teacher incharge of UCAS or ring UCAS up themselves
Reply 2
Original post by TheSSman
If someone gets a C at a levels (a2) then according to UCAS tariff 80 points. If someone gets C# (edexcel) which means incomplete cash in, it's the same thing right? or does the # matter?

This might be a silly question but I'm curious.

I have never seen a C#. Exactly what does it mean? Exam boards won't let you cash in unless you are entered for all the units, so how can you have an an-complete cash-in?
Reply 3
Original post by TheSSman
Only Edexcel has that option. If you don't appear one unit but still cash in they put a # there which means incomplete cash in....

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/results/pages/results-alevel.aspx

What does a '#' mean next to my overall grade?

If you don’t take all of these units you can still cash in, as long as you were put forward for them all. For example, if you studied a unit but chose not to take the exam, you wouldn’t get a mark for that unit but could still get an overall grade. On your results slip this would show with the '#' sign, indicating that the grade for your cash-in is ‘incomplete’ (for example, ‘E#’).

My Question is whether this E# will be awarded the regular UCAS point which an E without the # would be awarded?

Since other boards they just give you an E in those circumstances, the answer must be yes.

Quick Reply

Latest