The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

English at Exeter?

Hi :smile: I have an offer to study English at Exeter next year (Choosing between Exeter and York!)

Just a few questions:

- Whats the course like?
- Whats the campus/city like?
- Reputation?

Off topic, but I have also applied to exeter (and have an offer from southampton) but have had no response from them. Can I ask what AS grades, predictions and offer for Exeter you got?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Willburrr
Off topic, but I have also applied to exeter (and have an offer from southampton) but have had no response from them. Can I ask what AS grades, predictions and offer for Exeter you got?

I got an offer of AAA from Exeter and AAB from Southampton. When did you send yours off?

And my AS grades are ABBD so not great! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent mine off on the 11th of november but we have similar AS grades so thats comforting :smile:)) I got an ABB offer from southampton as I have an A in an EPQ.

All of your unis are really good, I know someone at York who is really enjoying studying english there aswell :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Willburrr
Sent mine off on the 11th of november but we have similar AS grades so thats comforting :smile:)) I got an ABB offer from southampton as I have an A in an EPQ.

All of your unis are really good, I know someone at York who is really enjoying studying english there aswell :smile:

What AS grades did you get? I kind of messed mind up!
Well done on Southampton! Where else did you apply to any more offers,?
I applied to Notting and Reading :smile:

To be honest I only put York down as a "filler", but after actually researching it I was surprised by how highly ranked it was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilialucy
What AS grades did you get? I kind of messed mind up!
Well done on Southampton! Where else did you apply to any more offers,?
I applied to Notting and Reading :smile:

To be honest I only put York down as a "filler", but after actually researching it I was surprised by how highly ranked it was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got AABB, thankss, I have offers from Loughborough and Sussex as well as Southampton, and am waiting on Surrey and Exeter. York is a really good place, aswell as Notts (not sure why I didn't choose it) ABBD isn't messing it up, only your highest three really count and applying seems so be going well for you :smile:
I'm still waiting to hear from Exeter too, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one! Does Exeter usually take a while to get back to people? I've gone for the Study in North America one though, so I don't know if that changes things...
Reply 7
I applied last week and still waiting to hear from all five of my choices (Exeter, Reading, Southampton, Warwick, Lancaster).
Original post by Arkasia
I applied last week and still waiting to hear from all five of my choices (Exeter, Reading, Southampton, Warwick, Lancaster).

I heard back from Southampton within ten days, I think they're pretty quick.
Reply 9
Original post by HuggleyDuck
I heard back from Southampton within ten days, I think they're pretty quick.

Hopefully a few more days then.
Reply 10
Original post by Arkasia
Hopefully a few more days then.

Reading are also pretty quick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending