The Student Room Group

How to deal with a sudden break-up?

I'm 17 and had been with my girlfriend for about a year and 3 months until yesterday...
everything seemed fairly normal except I noticed that the last couple of days she had been fairly blunt to me (would reply to texts with one word, no kisses, stuff like that).. then she texted me yesterday asking if I could come talk to her at lunchtime.
She told me she felt that she didn't want a relationship at all right now, didn't really explain why other than it was 'a gut feeling', and then that was it.. over a year with her and then all of a sudden she doesn't want a relationship. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet, doesn't really feel real if that makes sense :/

I don't really know what to do..
I saw her talking to her friends later that day and she didn't even look upset at all, it was like nothing had even happened and seeing that just made it worse...
I feel like complete sh*t and really didn't want to go to college today but I was kinda forced to.. and apparently she was upset today... and everyone has rushed to go and see if she is okay and be there for her whereas I sat eating my lunch on my own. I know people probably think 'he's a boy so he can deal with it' but having no-one even ask if I was okay the whole day made it even worse :frown:

Normally if I am feeling upset I would talk to my girlfriend, but now I don't really have anyone to talk to at all (which is why I'm posting this on here)..

I have a lot of other stuff going on right now.. like my parents recently got divorced, new stepbrothers and sisters and stuff :/ so it is all way too much for me to deal with and I feel so so lonely and worthless and not motivated to do any work..

does anyone have any advice for how I can deal with it?

sorry for the long story, I just wanted to let it all out I guess.. :colondollar:
stay strong, i think your ex should give you an explanation saying it's a gut feeling isn't good enough :\
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Safiya122
stay strong, i think your ex should give you an explanation saying it's a gut feeling isn't good enough :\

Thank you.. I know :/ She says she has realised she doesn't want a relationship with anyone right now... but I have no idea why
These hoes ain't LOYAL :bl:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and had been with my girlfriend for about a year and 3 months until yesterday...
everything seemed fairly normal except I noticed that the last couple of days she had been fairly blunt to me (would reply to texts with one word, no kisses, stuff like that).. then she texted me yesterday asking if I could come talk to her at lunchtime.
She told me she felt that she didn't want a relationship at all right now, didn't really explain why other than it was 'a gut feeling', and then that was it.. over a year with her and then all of a sudden she doesn't want a relationship. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet, doesn't really feel real if that makes sense :/

I don't really know what to do..
I saw her talking to her friends later that day and she didn't even look upset at all, it was like nothing had even happened and seeing that just made it worse...
I feel like complete sh*t and really didn't want to go to college today but I was kinda forced to.. and apparently she was upset today... and everyone has rushed to go and see if she is okay and be there for her whereas I sat eating my lunch on my own. I know people probably think 'he's a boy so he can deal with it' but having no-one even ask if I was okay the whole day made it even worse :frown:

Normally if I am feeling upset I would talk to my girlfriend, but now I don't really have anyone to talk to at all (which is why I'm posting this on here)..

I have a lot of other stuff going on right now.. like my parents recently got divorced, new stepbrothers and sisters and stuff :/ so it is all way too much for me to deal with and I feel so so lonely and worthless and not motivated to do any work..

does anyone have any advice for how I can deal with it?

sorry for the long story, I just wanted to let it all out I guess.. :colondollar:

be strong and give it some time...ask her at the correct time don't rush into it there could be a reason but just wait all the best

Quick Reply

Latest