The Student Room Group

Been bullied for most of my life and just as it stops, it starts again

Sorry if the title didn't make much sense, there wasn't enough space for me to type it properly.

I went to secondary school where I was moderately bullied. I say moderately as it's not as bad as some people are, but it was still bullying to the effect that teachers/ parents got involved. I hated secondary school and would happily never go back or meet anyone from that school again- even the people who should have been friends.

So I moved out of school and went through college, and got a job. I thought all of the bullying had stopped now and my confidence was beginning to grow. People were actually speaking to me like a normal person and I was making friends one step at a time.

I am on an apprenticeship so have to attend college once a week. There is one person in my class who is starting to bullying me. It started as a joke type thing but it's slowly developing. They are constantly just shouting swear words at me whenever I speak. They aren't particularly intelligent and they are only doing it to get a reaction from others.

I am starting to feel like I did back in secondary school. I hate to say it but I occasionally wonder what I am even doing on this earth. If multiple people can't treat me respectfully then there must be something wrong with me. This person doesn't know anything about my secondary school experience so it must be something with me to attract multiple unrelated people to start bullying me.

I think he is still only doing it as 'banter' and to get a reaction from other people but he doesn't realise how much he is doing it. Every time I speak, he's shouting swear words at me. I want to nip this in the bud but I can't confront him as he is the type of person who will tell people that 'so and so thinks I'm bullying him what a £&%^'

How would you deal with this person? I can't move college class or move away from him.
Just tell him to shut the hell up loud and clearly as soon as he tries to distrupt you. This is what I do myself with idiots at my college, or just ignore them. There's also the other way I use which is acting deaf. Ask questions like "excuse me? Sorry, I know you are moving your mouth but I can't hear you" etc. They may repeat it a few times but after a while other people start laughing at them too because of you making them sound like an idiot.
Hope I helped a bit :smile:
Look, one thing for certain, it's not your fault and you're here for a reason! Unlike those pesky people...

You shouldn't let this affect you any further. Most colleges have a 0 tolerance to bullying, I know it can be difficult to talk about, but try to bring up the issue to one of your teachers? If that doesn't work, then talk to your GP and produce a medical certificate (of how the bullying is causing you anxiety etc.) to your principle, or someone of higher power.

I hope things work out~
best tactic is to be mature. people who get bullied are often shy. in my experience its about body language and standing up for what you believe in. if you ignore him he'll get bored. if you shout and cause a scene it'd either entertain him, scare him or encourage others. dont smile or laugh when hes being annoying. look him sternly in the eye with the same disgust you'd give to a box of 6 month old rotting bananas. never let it affect your academic performance. when i got bullied i always laughed off whatever embarassment they put me through. then things changed, i came into school really grumpy one morning, my parents had argued that day and really stressed me out. i gave my bully the most disgusting look anybody could ever perceive. they didnt bully me at all from that point onwards. i was scared inside but my face and body language gave a completely different vibe. its all really primeval and predatory i think :smile:
You need to change , become the type of person people don't **** with .

I got bullied in secondary school and at times contemplated suicide , but when I left college I was a COMPLETELY different person , no one has ever spoken to me in such a way since , I'm much more positive and confident , I've put on about 11kg ( might have something to do with it ) .

The way I dealt with it was cutting every person of negative influence out my liife , making friends with positive , outgoing people , learning to find inner confidence , lifting , and developing myself as a person .

You need to confront him , preferably infront of multiple people ( teachers , his friends etc ) , just loose yourself completely and give in to your rage "Listen , xxx you need to cut it out , its not even funny anymore and your pissing me off" - at the top of your voice for added effect . Either you will get in a fight with him , he will realize your a person and quit it , or he will laugh it off and continue to do so .
I don't really know what to say except that you're not alone. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending