The Student Room Group

Dissertation survey (win over £60, please read)

(NB: I am happy to return the favour, just quote me if you've completed my survey and I'll fill yours out :biggrin:)

Hey,
I am conducting a health and happiness survey for a dissertation. It takes under 15 minutes to complete.

Before you start please open this help doc which might help for one of the questions near the end of the survey (you don't have to use it, and you can totally ignore it until you get to that question).

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN :smile:

The cash prize draw starts at £60 and increases with the number of people who get to the end of the survey.

This means the more people that complete it, the higher the prize will be (the final amount will only be disclosed to the winner who is chosen at random).

Respondents must be over 17 years old. Please do not enter if you have not yet reached this age.

Everything is anonymous and the data will not be shared.

Completing the survey gives consent for your response to be used in my research.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just finished, hope the results help!

Yours,
Grey
Reply 2
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Just finished, hope the results help!

Yours,
Grey

Thanks so much! It definitely will help :smile:
Original post by heconrsp
(NB: I am happy to return the favour, just quote me if you've completed my survey and I'll fill yours out :biggrin:)

Hey,
I am conducting a health and happiness survey for a dissertation. It takes under 15 minutes to complete.

Before you start please open this help doc which might help for one of the questions near the end of the survey (you don't have to use it, and you can totally ignore it until you get to that question).

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN :smile:

The cash prize draw starts at £60 and increases with the number of people who get to the end of the survey.

This means the more people that complete it, the higher the prize will be (the final amount will only be disclosed to the winner who is chosen at random).

Respondents must be over 17 years old. Please do not enter if you have not yet reached this age.

Everything is anonymous and the data will not be shared.

Completing the survey gives consent for your response to be used in my research.

Help doc didn't help :redface: How do I answer the last question?
Reply 4
Original post by Rainbow Student
Help doc didn't help :redface: How do I answer the last question?

Which question did you need assistance on, was it the magician one or another one where you didn't have the choice to say you didn't understand?

(If the magician one)
It is basically your opinion on what the health state is worth to you.
Option (a) is a certain option, you get that health state no matter what.
Option (b) is like a gamble that we're asking you to think about. You have some % chance of dying, and some % chance of living in full health. You get to choose the % that makes option (b) the same as option (b) in your opinion.

The question is pretty tough to phrase, so it's really understandable if it still doesn't make sense! X_x It's totally fine to say you didn't understand it. (If you can imagine, this is what we got AFTER several revisions of the Q, + the help doc!)
Which question did you need assistance on, was it the magician one or another one where you didn't have the choice to say you didn't understand?

(If the magician one)
Option (b) is like a gamble that we're asking you to think about. You have some % chance of dying, and some % chance of living in full health. You get to choose the % that makes option (b) the same as option (b) in your opinion.

The question is pretty tough to phrase, so it's really understandable if it still doesn't make sense! X_x It's totally fine to say you didn't understand it. (If you can imagine, this is what we got AFTER several revisions of the Q, + the help doc!)

Nah, it was the one saying please gve an indication of your general satisfaction with life with the scale but how do I answer that XD

(If the magician one)

Wait nvm i've worked that one out lol
Reply 7
Original post by Rainbow Student
Wait nvm i've worked that one out lol

hahah okay, phew! Thank you for taking the time btw :colondollar:
Reply 8
I'm looking for many more respondents :biggrin:... please share if you can.
hahah okay, phew! Thank you for taking the time btw :colondollar:

You're welcome :h: It's all finished now. :gthumb:
Reply 10
:biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by GoldResearch
Hi there! I have just completed your survey. If you have a few mins to spare, please can you complete mine? I would really appreciate it as I'm still looking for many more participants :smile: It's on online recruitment media.
https://kclbs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cTSBlWEn3Ip4ZkV

Hey :smile:
I've actually already completed it! XD
Thank you for completing mine too :biggrin:
Reply 12
Still looking for respondents.
Just completed it. It was one of the better and more interesting surveys I've done!

If you've got a few minutes spare, I'd appreciate it if you fill out mine! http://goo.gl/forms/aaicq7jgZy
Reply 14
Original post by SoupOnHerHed
Just completed it. It was one of the better and more interesting surveys I've done!

If you've got a few minutes spare, I'd appreciate it if you fill out mine! http://goo.gl/forms/aaicq7jgZy

Thank you!
All done :smile:
Good luck with everything!
Reply 15
:tongue:
:tongue:

I'm being dumb, but I don't understand the question "Rank the following conditions using the scale below if they were to affect you."

Is it like "If you had this problem (on its own), then what would you rank your health at out of 100"?
Reply 17
Original post by kopi, ffs
I'm being dumb, but I don't understand the question "Rank the following conditions using the scale below if they were to affect you."

Is it like "If you had this problem (on its own), then what would you rank your health at out of 100"?

Yep that's right! :biggrin:
100 would be the best health imaginable to you, 0 would be the worst health imaginable
(thank you for taking my survey too)
Yep that's right! :biggrin:
100 would be the best health imaginable to you, 0 would be the worst health imaginable
(thank you for taking my survey too)

You're welcome :fluffy: Cool, I submitted it a while ago but I ended up doing it like that anyway so iss all good!
Reply 19
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest