The Student Room Group

How to deal with a suddenly being dumped?

I'm 17 and had been with my girlfriend for about a year and 3 months until yesterday...
everything seemed fairly normal except I noticed that the last couple of days she had been fairly blunt to me (would reply to texts with one word, no kisses, stuff like that).. then she texted me yesterday asking if I could come talk to her at lunchtime.
She told me she felt that she didn't want a relationship at all right now, didn't really explain why other than it was 'a gut feeling', and then that was it.. over a year with her and then all of a sudden she doesn't want a relationship. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet, doesn't really feel real if that makes sense :/

I don't really know what to do..
I saw her talking to her friends later that day and she didn't even look upset at all, it was like nothing had even happened and seeing that just made it worse...
I feel like complete sh*t and really didn't want to go to college today but I was kinda forced to.. and apparently she was upset today... and everyone has rushed to go and see if she is okay and be there for her whereas I sat eating my lunch on my own. I know people probably think 'he's a boy so he can deal with it' but having no-one even ask if I was okay the whole day made it even worse :frown:

Normally if I am feeling upset I would talk to my girlfriend, but now I don't really have anyone to talk to at all (which is why I'm posting this on here)..

I have a lot of other stuff going on right now.. like my parents recently got divorced, new stepbrothers and sisters and stuff :/ so it is all way too much for me to deal with and I feel so so lonely and worthless and not motivated to do any work..

does anyone have any advice for how I can deal with it?

sorry for the long story, I just wanted to let it all out I guess..
Reply 1
The most important thing to remember is it all works out...trust me :smile:
Reply 2
And you know if she wasn't there for you when you needed her most, she probably didn't deserve you anyway...
Original post by Anonymous
x

I know how you feel. No harm in crying it out..
I know some people say sh*t like: delete her number, her photos - burn everything that belonged to her. It'll help you forget her.
I think that these people forget one major point: that you might not want to forget her, yet.

I kinda know how it feels, especially when it feels like it came out of no-where.

My advice is re-discover you:
- what are all the things you wanted to do but couldn't because you had a girlfriend?
- who did you talk to before her? Find them and reconnect - and if you can't make new friends (everyone thinks it's hard but it's really not).

You have to be willing to accept that she's gone for you to "deal" with it.
So find something new to take up the time you used to spend with her.
Find a new friend to text, new places to go... it won't be a perfect solution for the first few weeks, but after a while - you'll get used to it being you - and you being free and ready for anything.
"a gut feeling" = "I found a 6ft4 alpha jock to sleep with and I want you to **** off"
You're just gonna have to suck it up. Nothing lasts forever. It's the way life is. Unfair and cruel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how you can deal with that. Only time will ease the pain and suffering. For now, try to distract yourself with anything, and get on with your life, I'm sure you have things to do. I'm in almost exactly the same position as you, I don't know what to do, I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. It's sad and depressing being dumped but you have to go on, somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending