The Student Room Group

Decision to make, need some advice!

So the other day I bumped into this girl in the bus stop, we were waiting for the bus, I talked to her and introduced myself and she told me her name.

We went on the bus, each went to their own sit and when it was time to get off, she got off the same stop as I did and we started walking and talking and she was smiling and everything and turns out we live like a block away from each other, quite close.

Now, I kind of like this girl but I dont know when I will see her again because I've only seen her once and it was on a bus stop to get back home!

Weirdly enough, I was on facebook yesterday and she honestly popped up in my suggestion box and i recognised her from the picture! (and obviously her name, i just didnt know her last name)

Should I add her and ask to hang out ? she was quite friendly to me and smiled often. really dont want to come out a little creepy cuz i genuinely want to get to know her a bit more.

Anyone care to share their opinion ? preferably girls :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you felt you hadn't freaked the girl out...and she was genuinely happy then wait a few more days like a week or so and then contact her on Facebook...
add her on fb man....
LOL,

no way...

She'll be creeped out sooooooooooooo much
Original post by R Dragon
LOL,

no way...

Way to go dude, don't be a douche br

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
LOL,

no way...

lol, damn.
Hope youre not trolling judging by your picture haha
Give it some time and add her , don't do it immediately that's freaky (You don't want to look like you've got home and logged on and spent ages to trying to find her /look desperate) Just wait it out for a while and then add her.

Coming from a gay man (Who's girl mates tell him what turns them off and on frequently!)
Reply 7
Add her if you have mutual friends. Add her even if you don't and if she wonders how you found her, just explain exactly how you did.
Reply 8
Original post by stoltguyboo
Give it some time and add her , don't do it immediately that's freaky (You don't want to look like you've got home and logged on and spent ages to trying to find her /look desperate) Just wait it out for a while and then add her.

Coming from a gay man (Who's girl mates tell him what turns them off and on frequently!)

Original post by Lilyghz
Add her if you have mutual friends. Add her even if you don't and if she wonders how you found her, just explain exactly how you did.

Cheers guys..well ive met her on monday i believe.. so its been like 2 days. She popped up on my suggestions this afternoon, i didnt add her or anything..i might just wait a bit i guess:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Georgii121
Cheers guys..well ive met her on monday i believe.. so its been like 2 days. She popped up on my suggestions this afternoon, i didnt add her or anything..i might just wait a bit i guess:smile:

Well good luck with her! Tell us how you get on after :smile:
Original post by Yeah dude
Way to go dude, don't be a douche br

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah dude :3

lol, damn.
Hope youre not trolling judging by your picture haha

I usually troll a lot, but I was actually serious here aha xD

If that happened to me, I'd contact the police...
Reply 11
Original post by Lilyghz
Well good luck with her! Tell us how you get on after :smile:

Hah thank you :smile:
I really hope it wont come out creepy though!
Reply 12
Yeah dude :3

I usually troll a lot, but I was actually serious here aha xD

If that happened to me, I'd contact the police...

umm really?? I might just leave her and not even bother if it comes across like that..
I need more inputs on what to do, any suggestions ?
umm really?? I might just leave her and not even bother if it comes across like that..
I need more inputs on what to do, any suggestions ?

You give it time, if she lives locally you're bound to see her again.

Hopefully next time you'll be able to talk more etc. get to know each other better and then you can ask her for her number and take it from there :3
Reply 14
You give it time, if she lives locally you're bound to see her again.

Hopefully next time you'll be able to talk more etc. get to know each other better and then you can ask her for her number and take it from there :3

time is a problem though..what if i wait for too long or what if i wont see her? Also im going away in few weeks for almost a month..
Reply 15
time is a problem though..what if i wait for too long or what if i wont see her? Also im going away in few weeks for almost a month..

You are right, stop wasting time and just go for it. Worst case she finds it weird and you dont talk to her and meet another girl. Is that really a big deal? No.

Anyway just add her and drop her a message...something like you wont believe it but your profile popped up in my suggestion box..how did you manage to do that?? Etc...
Dude don't listen to the trollface guy. Add her and start a conversation when she accepts your request. No need to worry about if you're coming off as creepy if you've already had a pleasant conversation. I've added people on fb before that I talked to for a short time and then talked to them and it usually is a good tool to help you connect. For me it created a situation that at the time I wasn't prepared to handle (led to 3 people liking me at the same time).
Ask her to marry you.
Don't listen to wallie either. He asked a girl he met one time to marry him and they still haven't found him since. Rumor has it that he got turned into INK and printed in PICTURE BOOKS !
Reply 19
Original post by az08
You are right, stop wasting time and just go for it. Worst case she finds it weird and you dont talk to her and meet another girl. Is that really a big deal? No.

Anyway just add her and drop her a message...something like you wont believe it but your profile popped up in my suggestion box..how did you manage to do that?? Etc...

Yeah just a bit awkward if I see her in public lol!
But yeah i reckon ill add her, yolo!

Original post by Anonymous
Dude don't listen to the trollface guy. Add her and start a conversation when she accepts your request. No need to worry about if you're coming off as creepy if you've already had a pleasant conversation. I've added people on fb before that I talked to for a short time and then talked to them and it usually is a good tool to help you connect. For me it created a situation that at the time I wasn't prepared to handle (led to 3 people liking me at the same time).

I had a feeling he was a being a bit extreme about it! thanks for the advice, Ill add her.

I would like to get some female opinions too though, what would you think about this situation ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending