The Student Room Group

Maths and geography personal statement help asap

I really need help on writing a geography and maths personal statement, I don't know how to start or what to put in it, please any help ASAP, thanks
I need to write a maths and geography personal statement as it's unusual combination I can find basically no help online. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply 2
I read this statement where they were applying for different subjects but linked their interests. I mean talk about what interests you about geography and then see if there is a maths element to it and put them down like that...Although I think your student advisers would be the best one to check these once you have finished writing it. Just start with any one point that interests you about one subject then compare or link with the other choice...hope that helps :smile:
Original post by marykingggggg
I need to write a maths and geography personal statement as it's unusual combination I can find basically no help online. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Why are you applying for Maths and Geography course? Unless you're applying for a joint honours course, this is a really bad idea. It shows that you've not done enough research, you're indecisive and it's not going to do you any favours in the admissions department.
is it joint or single honours?
Original post by *Interrobang*
is it joint or single honours?

It's a joint honours
Original post by a9493r
I read this statement where they were applying for different subjects but linked their interests. I mean talk about what interests you about geography and then see if there is a maths element to it and put them down like that...Although I think your student advisers would be the best one to check these once you have finished writing it. Just start with any one point that interests you about one subject then compare or link with the other choice...hope that helps :smile:

Thanks that does help, much appreciated!:smile:
Check out the ps building tool in my signature at the bottom of my first post - it talks you through how to write your PS :smile:
Original post by marykingggggg
I really need help on writing a geography and maths personal statement, I don't know how to start or what to put in it, please any help ASAP, thanks

The PS builder: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/personal_statement_builder/make_some_notes should be your first port of call. Just jot down some thoughts answering the questions for each box - then you can save and go on to the next section to turn it into words, do a redraft and when you've got that far you'll get some automated advice on where it is at that point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending