The Student Room Group

Loreto vs Xaverian vs aqunias

HI, I am currently in year 11 and taking the rest of my GCSE's from January 2015 and i'm just hoping for some advice on college. I have applied to all three colleges above and guaranteed places due to school partner links. However i am unsure which to go to. I am currently considering taking English Lit, Maths, Business studies and Government and Politics. I have been to all the open days and taster days and i really like them all mainly Xaverian and Loreto. But I'm stuck between which one.

Xaverian i really like how the college is set out as a campus and how things are quite near to the college. I also had a good feel for the college when i went on the open and taster days. The Ofsted is outstanding and the staff seem really nice. Past pupils have also recommended the college and teachers. I live about 30 minutes away from Xaverian walking or 10-15minutes on the bus.

Loreto i really like how modern and updated the college is. I like how its right next to town and i had a really good feel for the college on the open and taster days. I thought the staff was really nice and past pupils also recommended the college. I have to get 2 buses to loreto one into town and one out of town. It takes me about an hour to get to loreto on the buses altogether.

However if i go loreto am also considering doing drama btec that only takes up one alevel instead of one of my chosen alevels.

Please help! In need of some good advice. :smile:
Ignore my silly spelling mistake oh my

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I started at loreto I'm September and I've really enjoyed it so far, the teachers are really helpful and really help you to settle in. It takes me about an hour on two buses to get there and it's not too bad, you get used to it quite quickly and you'll probably have some late starts and early finishes. I'd definitely recommend Loreto, feel free to message me if you have any other questions about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollyg98
I started at loreto I'm September and I've really enjoyed it so far, the teachers are really helpful and really help you to settle in. It takes me about an hour on two buses to get there and it's not too bad, you get used to it quite quickly and you'll probably have some late starts and early finishes. I'd definitely recommend Loreto, feel free to message me if you have any other questions about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late reply been unable to come online, however i just wondering whats the vibe like in loreto and is it true that its the same as school? where the teachers are always your back. I am also wondering that when u have free periods can you leave the college as some people have been saying that you must stay on campus but not sure?.
Reply 5
You can leave college whenever you don't have lessons.
Reply 6
Loreto i really like how modern and updated the college is. I like how its right next to town and i had a really good feel for the college on the open and taster days. I thought the staff was really nice and past pupils also recommended the college. I have to get 2 buses to loreto one into town and one out of town. It takes me about an hour to get to loreto on the buses altogether.

However if i go loreto am also considering doing drama btec that only takes up one alevel instead of one of my chosen alevels.

Please help! In need of some good advice. :smile:

I recommend you to go to Aquinas, They provide you with more support and the teachers are outstanding. Xaverian a good college but in terms of support, feedback and college life its not that good. And Loreto is also a good College,but if you are doing Science subjects you should go Aquinas or Loreto.

#MannyontheMap #0161
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest