The Student Room Group

stalling your car

and what's your reaction on it?

For me it happened today but i'm not used to drive my petrol car (Clio) yet

When was the tast time it happened to you? (if it still happen sometimes)

if you want you can share here a stalling story lol

Thanks in advance
Reaction? No big deal.
I just sort it out and move on.

It happened to me about a week ago but it is my fault because I was riding the clutch on a hill at a traffic light because I didn't want to put the handbrake on..when I was about to put the handbrake on, the light changed and I didn't set enough gas and there we go.

Before this 'incident' about 2 years ago was the last time I stalled and funnily enough it was in a Renault Clio which was my first car, but I hated the biting point on it, I did get used to it but I wasn't a fan of where it was.
I'm currently learning, I'm starting to improve but stalled like a couple of times
Reply 3
Original post by Safiya122
I'm currently learning, I'm starting to improve but stalled like a couple of times

good luck for your learning process i wish you passing your test successfully =)
Original post by john37
good luck for your learning process i wish you passing your test successfully =)

Thank you :smile: I really hope I pass both tests first time. Any tips? :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Safiya122
Thank you :smile: I really hope I pass both tests first time. Any tips? :wink:

for the theory test, not really but for the practical test, just drive as you would drive if you were alone if your car.
The instructor didn't make any comments about my driving, he was just giving me the instructions
Original post by john37
and what's your reaction on it?

Well, put it lightly I'd be amazed if I managed to stall my car - I drive an automatic. :wink:
Reply 7
I'm still learning and I used to do it about 10 times every lesson and get really angry with myself and curse under my breath but now I'm onto my fifth lesson and I haven't stalled since my 3rd lesson and even then it was just once and I just laughed it off. Now I know there's no need to beat myself up over it.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm still learning and I used to do it about 10 times every lesson and get really angry with myself and curse under my breath but now I'm onto my fifth lesson and I haven't stalled since my 3rd lesson and even then it was just once and I just laughed it off. Now I know there's no need to beat myself up over it.

Good luck with the rest of your lessons, Socks!
Reply 9
Original post by Spock's Socks

i wish you a lot of success as well =)
I generally only stall if I'm setting off and I hit a bump in the road or a small hump found in parking lots. It makes my foot slip of the clutch and so I stall.

It does take time to get used to the biting point in a new car, especially if going from diesel to petrol. Took me around 2 weeks before I managed to not over-rev the engine every time.
It happens to me quite frequently, a couple of times a week roughly. I get a bit annoyed because I'm holding up the traffic behind me for a few seconds. I suppose it's not such a big deal, it's not dangerous, just inconsiderate. I'm not too fussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by john37
i wish you a lot of success as well =)

Original post by Balloon Baboon
Good luck with the rest of your lessons, Socks!

Thanks guys :smile:
I have a lesson tonight at 6pm and even though I know I am improving and get on good with the instructor, I still get so nervous before lessons :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest