The Student Room Group

Do I stand a good chance at getting into university for Law?

Hello! :smile: I finished my A levels last year and am currently on my gap year. I'm working full time and doing a few extra-curricular things; namely pursuing my diploma in singing.

I am applying to the following universities for Law and was wondering whether I stand a good chance:

LSE, UCL, Durham, Bristol and Warwick.

My A level grades are as follows:
Music - A*
Spanish - A
English Lit - A
Biology AS - A

I'm also taking Philosophy and Ethics A level in one year during my gap year, hoping to achieve an A*! :biggrin: As for the LNAT I'm scoring considerably well in each practice (20s).

GCSEs: 9 A*s and 2 As (2 As in English Lang and History).

Would it be a bad idea to have Nottingham on the list instead of Bristol as Nottingham's standard offer is A*AA along with LSE, UCL and Durham whereas Bristol is safer with a standard offer of AAA. If you're wondering why I'm not applying to Oxbridge.. I applied to St. Johns, Cambs last year and got pooled; it was a horrific experience and I did not want to go through it again. UCL and Durham remain my top two choices with LSE being a (VERY) hopeful backup if I mess up the LNAT on the 5th.

Thank you, any feedback is most appreciated! :biggrin:
I think you stand a really good chance, you've got or exceeded the grades they're looking for and have strong GCSEs. Have you done any work experience? :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you! No I haven't... I had a choral scholarship to Peterborough cathedral and work experience for the entire year lined up but I foolishly declined them both as I didn't feel ready to move away from home :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, yes, obviously...

I think those are fairly sensible choices. You could be more conservative, but you probably don't need to be.
Reply 4
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Well, yes, obviously...

I think those are fairly sensible choices. You could be more conservative, but you probably don't need to be.

That's what I mean.. I think sticking with Bristol is safe. I guess it just depends on my PS and LNAT score :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending