The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Summertime112
That's a first, it would make sense though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I know I'm weird :/ it irritates a lot of people when I do it though, but I just can't help it, it's like a subconscious thing for me!
And I think that theory makes sense too, it's the best one we've had so far...
Out of boredom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dunno, sometimes I just feel a sense of comfort from doing it lol.
Original post by Manitude
Can be restless legs syndrome in some people. I used to do it a lot but people around me found it very annoying so I've largely trained myself out of it. For me it's a case that my legs feel as though they need to be moving and it's slightly uncomfortable if they aren't. I think that's probably sufficient to say I probably have some form of RLS but it's got to be pretty mild if that's the case.

Rls? Excuse by ignorance:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Multitalented me
Dunno, sometimes I just feel a sense of comfort from doing it lol.

So you don't consciously control it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a way of relieving nervous energy for me. I also have the probably incredibly annoying habit of flipping my pen with my index and middle fingers. I begin to twitch especially in my neck when I don't have some form of movement going on.
Original post by Birkenhead
It's a way of relieving nervous energy for me. I also have the probably incredibly annoying habit of flipping my pen with my index and middle fingers. I begin to twitch especially in my neck when I don't have some form of movement going on.

Is it only when you're nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So you don't consciously control it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I think it's something that just happens without me noticing :smile: XD
i think i partly do it because my legs are tired of staying still, I tested just then
Original post by Joshale
i think i partly do it because my legs are tired of staying still, I tested just then

But in a way you're kind of relaxing by doing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rls? Excuse by ignorance:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Restless leg syndrome. I'll edit my post to make that clearer.
Never used to do it until I started drumming when I was 13, now I do it a lot, most of the time subconsciously, or when I've got a particular rhythm in my head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never noticed that but probably because I do it myself too :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's secret boy code, like morse code.
Reply 34
I do it because I can.
Have any girls like me noticed this ? Guys care to give your explanations

I, a girl like yourself, haven't noticed boys in particular tapping their legs under tables continuously. I think everybody does something or other when they're fidgety or nervous. I for one have caught myself on more than one clammy occasion swinging my legs unconsciously, and I frequently try and stop myself from tapping my feet on the floor but mostly my feet tap floors of their own accord. I wouldn't have noticed had others not turned around to glare, stare and/or frown. It's pretty unwittingly done, really, so there can be no definitive explanation, just estimations.
Original post by MrMango
But you're white and British

Posted from TSR Mobile

That means he can't like OutKast?
I did it through school & I still do it now. It did really used to annoy one of my best mates who sat next to me in some lessons.

I've always called it "nimming" & I'm not the only one

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nimming
Wow just realised im doing it now

Latest

Trending

Trending