The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Frustrated drummers.

To you an irritating tapping sound, but inside their heads it sounds like a god-like drum solo of epic proportions :yep:
Reply 2
Sexual frustration?
I don't do this but I always shake my leg.

I dunno why i do it. It stops my mind wandering in class, and if I have a lot of energy I'll do it.
Usually because they have ADHD, or a similar condition which makes them prefer movement to staying still. They get restless if they spend too much time sitting down. The same thing might happen to people who've had a lot of sugary food and drink.
Reply 5
It's actually a subconcious form of morse-code, our minds communicate without us consciously knowing it, forming somewhat of a hive mind amongst collected groups. The question had been raised whether girls do the same but results have shown that the majority of their communication is at a conscious level, shared information, but alas no hive mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feeling at risk of an off-topic penalty so I should probably give a more serious answer.. A high energy level makes it difficult to sit still, some people have this naturally, some people just eat a lot. There are other reasons for why this could be as well, such as ADHD as someone suggested previously, or it could be that it provides some sort of rhythmic comfort, maybe they're bored and they're focussing on the pattern.

But it can get quite annoying when it's not you drumming the table.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Christ.

It shakes the desk then you then your pen then your soul. Like please stop 😭
I do this. Not really sure why. It's probably when I'm thinking of something and my mind drifts off.
Reply 8
Original post by Wilfred Little
I do this. Not really sure why. It's probably when I'm thinking of something and my mind drifts off.

Why do you have the American flag as your pic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Happens to anyone who spends too much time sitting down...Simple as that
Reply 10
I remember seeing a programme where they did a test on kids at school and the psychiatrist said it was a sign of tiredness and trying to keep concentration, for me think I do it for circulation purposes.
I sometimes shake my legs but don't really tap.
Original post by MrMango
Why do you have the American flag as your pic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stankonia
I do this but I'm a girl...
I remember my biology teacher saying it might have something to do with having a faster metabolism?
Original post by Multitalented me
I sometimes shake my legs but don't really tap.

Like up and down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Winter_is_here
I do this but I'm a girl...
I remember my biology teacher saying it might have something to do with having a faster metabolism?

That's a first, it would make sense though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Summertime112
Like up and down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah with my heal slightly raised, have often done it while studying aha :tongue:
Original post by Multitalented me
Yeah with my heal slightly raised, have often done it while studying aha :tongue:

Out of boredom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can be restless legs syndrome (RLS) in some people. I used to do it a lot but people around me found it very annoying so I've largely trained myself out of it. For me it's a case that my legs feel as though they need to be moving and it's slightly uncomfortable if they aren't. I think that's probably sufficient to say I probably have some form of RLS but it's got to be pretty mild if that's the case.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending