The Student Room Group

Should I be angry at my parents for getting me circumcised?

They did it because of their own religious beliefs, I was little & it wasn't illegal or anything so I couldn't exactly prevent it from happening. What's done is done though :s-smilie:
Same situation, but I wouldn't be too bothered about it. It doesn't have a huge bearing on your life and some people have it done for medical reasons, so I can pretend it wasn't done in accordance with a stupid cultist ritual
Original post by Multitalented me
They did it because of their own religious beliefs, I was little & it wasn't illegal or anything so I couldn't exactly prevent it from happening. What's done is done though :s-smilie:

Hey man, don't sweat it. I had it done for medical reasons. It's also meant to be more hygenic
Reply 3
Personally I think it is a bit of a liberty to inflict this on your child. I suppose it provides some mitigation if they have been brainwashed in to thinking its the right thing to do. Hygiene nonsense, I'm fine with just a daily wash just like other parts of the body.
You can't miss what you never had. Good day.
I don't think it's generally an okay thing to do, but it's accepted by society and they likely thought it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't get too upset over it (not that I can know what it's like as a woman!)
Its not unreasonable to be generally angry that parents do this to their children, but its a bit pointless to be angry at your parents, Being angry with them is not going to change what has happened and will only hurt you.
Don't know if this will make you feel any better but I don't know nor have I met a single girl that preferred an uncircumsised guy over a circumcised one. (I may be shallow but in my opinion it looks at feels better. That's just my own opinion though.)

Plus it 'almost eliminates' risk of developing penile cancer, apparently.

I would never put my son through it though unless there were medical reasons. I think the decision should be his, when he grows up.

Although I've heard grown men say they wish their parents had done it when they were younger so it's a pretty tough situation.
Are you a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FasterThanFTL
Are you a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me? Yes. Why?
Original post by Zarek
Personally I think it is a bit of a liberty to inflict this on your child. I suppose it provides some mitigation if they have been brainwashed in to thinking its the right thing to do. Hygiene nonsense, I'm fine with just a daily wash just like other parts of the body.
:lol:
Original post by Anonymous
Don't know if this will make you feel any better but I don't know nor have I met a single girl that preferred an uncircumsised guy over a circumcised one. (I may be shallow but in my opinion it looks at feels better. That's just my own opinion though.)

Plus it 'almost eliminates' risk of developing penile cancer, apparently.

I would never put my son through it though unless there were medical reasons. I think the decision should be his, when he grows up.

Although I've heard grown men say they wish their parents had done it when they were younger so it's a pretty tough situation.

The thing is though, dear anon, is that 'looking better' should not have anything to do with circumcision. The penis, in it's natural state is supposed to have a hood over it to protect it from chaffing and bacteria. Ask yourself, why do you think that way?

FYI, far from it for me to criticise the company you keep (Are you Jewish or a Muslim or even American? Lol.), but there are loads of women who prefer uncircumcised - most of the women in the UK and Europe - just look at threads on the same subject here. Also, that penile cancer study was a very good example of bad science in action.

Original post by Tootles
:lol:

Why the laugh, Tootles? He's right.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tengentoppa
Same situation, but I wouldn't be too bothered about it. It doesn't have a huge bearing on your life and some people have it done for medical reasons, so I can pretend it wasn't done in accordance with a stupid cultist ritual
Yeah although I think it's stupid unless it's medically necessary I don't think the difference is as big as I worry :tongue:
Original post by QwentyJ
The thing is though, dear anon, is that 'looking better' should not have anything to do with circumcision. The penis, in it's natural state is supposed to have a hood over it to protect it from chaffing and bacteria. Ask yourself, why do you think that way?

FYI, far from it for me to criticise the company you keep (Are you Jewish or a Muslim or even American? Lol.), but there are loads of women who prefer uncircumcised - most of the women in the UK and Europe - just look at threads on the same subject here. Also, that penile cancer study was a very good example of bad science in action.

Why the laugh, Tootles? He's right.

Gonna put it out there, quite a lot of women won't actually notice.
I don't think parents should be able to do it without consent unless there are medical reasons. That said, there's sadly not very much you can do about it now so there's not much to gain from taking it out on your parents.
Original post by Multitalented me

Get revenge. Kill them.
I don't understand why girls say it looks better circumcised surely its natural to be uncircumcised. Also how can it feel better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending