The Student Room Group

My focusing is like intelligence

I had been lying atop my bed pondering the many facets of my intelligence until I began drifting to sleep; only on my drifting to sleep, my pupils dilated, blurring everything I saw and, at which point, I concluded my blurred vision to be an analogy for intelligence. As my focusing on a particular something, and my 'unfocusing' on this created two definite limits, namely, focused and unfocused, and within which an incremental range of different focuses exist. Each one is different, so as to be either more focused, or less focused, and I believe that these differing increments can describe differing intelligence. Of those increments which are more focused, they enable my seeing of stimuli as crystalline, and this focused state represents an intelligence which too is crystalline, and people who have this intelligence are able to see stimuli more clearly, which in real terms, means that they are able to perceive that which others cannot, namely, an ingenious solution to a difficult equation, or a creative dimension to their painting. This analogy, I believe, is able to describe intelligence with a degree of tact conducive to our understanding.

(edited 9 years ago)
Well done! I think you need some sleep now, though... :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest