The Student Room Group

A-level Edexcel Music: Units 2 and 5 Composing

Hi there,

I took AS and A2 music in the same year and ended up with a B overall. I am retaking Units 2 and 5 because I got A's in everything apart from these two where I ended getting two C's! Has anyone else experienced harsh marking in these units? And for anyone that has done well in these units, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE? I am quite baffled as my composition for AS under the title: "Taking an instrument for a walk"was very competent and had a million compositional techniques, yet it still ended up being a C (I can email the score/recording for those interested).

Any comments/help?

Thanks
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I got a C in my AS and a U in my A2. Not sure if it was harsh marking but I put so much effort in! Good luck though!
Original post by trevorthewalnut
Hi there,

I took AS and A2 music in the same year and ended up with a B overall. I am retaking Units 2 and 5 because I got A's in everything apart from these two where I ended getting two C's! Has anyone else experienced harsh marking in these units? And for anyone that has done well in these units, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE? I am quite baffled as my composition for AS under the title: "Taking an instrument for a walk"was very competent and had a million compositional techniques, yet it still ended up being a C (I can email the score/recording for those interested).

Any comments/help?

Thanks
Original post by trevorthewalnut
Hi there,

Any comments/help?

Thanks

Hi, if you can save your score as a pdf (Sibelius can do this) or as a graphic I'll be happy to have a look at it. What board did you do and what were the criteria for the composition? I'm a Music Teacher and Music Tech examiner.
Can you actually re take unit 2 and 5? I am struggling with composition...:frown: if I get a low mark with composition (I'm doing as level btw) can I still boost my grade up to an A if I do well with performance and the exam? Heelpppp pleasseee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending