The Student Room Group

Failed RAF medical

Hi Guys,

I applied for the RAF in January as the role of Firefighter and after doing well in my AST's and selection interview I was knocked back at my medical.

The reason why I failed my was due to spots on my shoulders. The examiner said it was cystic acne and it would effect me massively for the role I had applied for. After she failed me I immediately booked myself in to see my local GP who referred me over to a dermatologist who said it wasn't cystic acne and It was only scarring from where I had spots in my teenaged years.
To be fair to the examiner they don't look too good as they are raised above my skin and there is the odd spot around them.
My Dermatologist has put me on a course of Accutane to stop any spots from appearing and I'm currently taking steroid injections into the scars to help flatten them.
I have had blood tests whilst on Accutane because it can make your cholesterol high but I haven't had any problems with this.
What advise would anyone give on re applying for my medical? Should I be off the medication and bring a doctors letter just to be sure? She is a very strict examiner and she failed a friend of mine for a chest infection he had years ago! Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
is it safe to use steroid injections?
Reply 2
Well basically it's just an injection into the surface of the scar. And isn't like the anabolic steroids you may be thinking of

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending