The Student Room Group

Child Grooming gangs of Pakistani, afganis, iraqis, now Somalis too - whats the Link?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n00
Of course i'm talking down to you, what you're doing is ****ing disgusting.

You're just a different side of the coin politicising this issue. I've seen you in previous threads trying to infer that Margaret Thatcher was somehow involved in a grooming scandal when we haven't really had evidence to that effect other than the obvious fact that they were her subordinates. I just can't make sense of why these gangs, not the MPs and celebrities, are formed of particular racial minorities. It might be, in fact probably is that there are actually proportionately more formed of whites and they just happen to be formed in different contexts (care homes for instance), but it doesn't ring true some are saying we should just completely ignore anything to do with background and culture. Actually it's ridiculous.
Original post by Radicalathiest
So cases from the 80's have something to do with this:rolleyes:

It has nothing and adds nothing but a distraction but then I suspect that's what you want.

And with that I'll stick with the TOPIC in hand 'Child Grooming gangs of Pakistani, afganis, iraqis, now Somalis too'

Yes. The Police knew of these Gangs for years. However, they were not prosecuted under the law.

The same thing happened in the 80's.

That is why I have discussed both situations and both are particularly relevant today.

However, I suspect you are more concerned about bashing Muslims instead of understanding how to effectively stop Paedophile Rings.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not Islam that's the link per se; it's the DENOMINATION.
Reply 44
Original post by Ggmu!
One side only want to talk about certain sections of society doing this, you only want to talk about a certain section of society doing it.

Pretending this is in the same vein is a joke too, abusing power in office and forming gangs to groom girls are different scenarios that obviously need to be equally tackled by police & society.

The more its talked about the better as far as i'm concerned, no matter what the group of perpetrators. We've got a huge problem in this country with how we deal with child abuse and clearly we've not been talking about it nearly enough. I see all this passion and effort going into the likes of Rotherham but it entirely misses the bigger problem and its very clear why. It mustn't become a tribal issue, it just gives the authorites the excuse they need for more inaction, all groups have been involved in abuse, whites, asian, blacks, christians, muslim, jews, tories, lib dems, labour.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Unkempt_One
You're just a different side of the coin politicising this issue. I've seen you in previous threads trying to infer that Margaret Thatcher was somehow involved in a grooming scandal when we haven't really had evidence to that effect other than the obvious fact that they were her subordinates.
Then you may have also seen my previous posts on Rotherham. Cyril Smith, Greville Janner, the Catholic church, public schools, it doesn't matter what group, they were all allowed to get away with it by incompetent or corrupt authorities.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
a variety of different ethnicities and racial groups in differnt parts of the country, sort of blowing out of the water certain islamic groups claims that this was a specific culturally caused problem of certain ethnicities.

the common factor that they seem to over look is all the above known convicted perpetrators were brought up islamically.

I wonder why these groups ( and the Media) would rather report on the racial characteristics of the convicted as opposed to their mutually practiced faith

Well where the **** is the feminist outrage
Original post by n00
Then you may have also seen my previous posts on Rotherham. Cyril Smith, Greville Janner, the Catholic church, public schools, it doesn't matter what group, they were all allowed to get away with it by incompetent or corrupt authorities.

And I can absolutely agree with that.
Reply 48
[h="1"]Thirteen Somali men convicted of running Bristol sex ring that targeted vulnerable British girls as young as 13[/h]

[h="3"]The shocking case can only be reported for the first time today
[/h]

islamic background in fact is the only common factor amoung all those people,

Lol there are lots of non Muslims who do this.

seems odd that the most obvious factor would be ignored by the media, particularly when its mentioned far more readily when discussing terrorist attrocities

Probably because terrorist atrocities are done in the name of Islam, whereas child grooming isn't, and there's no proof that these guys are even religious in the slightest.
Reply 50
Actually looking at hard evidence suggests that there's more child trafficking and grooming rings in the Americas and Africas combined, followed by Asia and then Europe (UNODC reports). It's fine to say that they use "Asians" in a way which would imply Muslims, but that doesn't explain why most of the rings and trafficking are present in the Americas and Africas.
a variety of different ethnicities and racial groups in differnt parts of the country, sort of blowing out of the water certain islamic groups claims that this was a specific culturally caused problem of certain ethnicities.

the common factor that they seem to over look is all the above known convicted perpetrators were brought up islamically.

I wonder why these groups ( and the Media) would rather report on the racial characteristics of the convicted as opposed to their mutually practiced faith

World War 1, World War 2, the Holocaust, the Stalinist Purges, the Crusades, the Inquisitions- what's the link?

All conducted by white people. White man = the devil :dunce:
What's the Link?

Psychopathy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
Original post by Inzamam99
World War 1, World War 2, the Holocaust, the Stalinist Purges, the Crusades, the Inquisitions- what's the link?

All conducted by white people. White man = the devil :dunce:
the islamic perspective must be to blame everything on racial differences. this seems to have been the tack too in blaming people of pakistani ethnicity specifically for child grooming.
im pointing out that this crime of grooming gangs was spread accross various ethnicities, all of whom had islamic background however
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Sorry, but exactly the same thing happened with Asian gangs.

Many of the girls did not come forward and if they did, they were dismissed as liars.

This was not just the Police. It was other authorities such as teachers.

That is why these Sex Rings continued for YEARS.

The same thing happened in the 80's.

thanks for making my point about media driven ignorance - these gangs wernt all 'asian' if you can borrow a globe at some point you will discover Somalia is not in asia. they were all of islamic background, but that hasnt been reported in the media to any extent, nor is it commented on by the islamic community.
thanks for making my point about media driven ignorance - these gangs wernt all 'asian' if you can borrow a globe at some point you will discover Somalia is not in asia. they were all of islamic background, but that hasnt been reported in the media to any extent, nor is it commented on by the islamic community.

I didn't say they were all Asian. The same way I didn't say they were all white. The same I didn't say there were all Somalian.

The situation with the Asian gangs is the example I used.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I didn't say they were all Asian. The same way I didn't say they were all white. The same I didn't say there were all Somalian.

The situation with the Asian gangs is the example I used.

we are discussing the crime of child sex grooming, the recent trend of which has been linked to the above groups, so why to refer to just one of those offending groups, unless you are trying to create an agenda that doesnt exist? the only point you can accuratley highlight in this case is that they were all of islamic origin - but you dont seem to want to , as indeed the media does not
Original post by Sorry2Offend
Only way to stop it is to retaliate.Show non-White people that their are consequences for their actions against us.

the above is the ultimate result of media driven ignorance on racial stereotyping. you seem unaware that many 'non-white' people are actually non-islamic
Original post by jambojim97
It's not Islam that's the link per se; it's the DENOMINATION.

what does that mean, 'denomination' as in sunni? sounds like another cop-out
the islamic perspective must be to blame everything on racial differences. this seems to have been the tack too in blaming people of pakistani ethnicity specifically for child grooming.
im pointing out that this crime of grooming gangs was spread accross various ethnicities, all of whom had islamic background however

"Meenglishnogood"

Indeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending