The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jeesus guys, dont jump to conclusions- havent any of you heard of a "posh ****?"
my boyfriends uses condoms sometimes when he masturbates because its less messy- he may just be doing that?! (most likely doing that)
Reply 21
Have you not considered someone else could've left them? Like a mate or someone? And yeah, posh ****ing is a legit thing so...
My boyfriend and I keep condoms just in case something happens with the pill. Once or twice, I've left my pills at home by mistake when I've gone to visit him, so we've had to use condoms as well for the weekend.

There could be plenty of reasons why he would have condoms in his room - if you really want to know, then just ask him!
Original post by Anonymous
Another thing, I hadn't seen him for over a week and when we had sex he didn't finish.. Which NEVER happens, usually it's the other way round especially if we haven't done it for a while. I thought it was weird but now I'm thinking the worst..

Occasionally guys don't finish. Doesn't mean anything, aside from confirming he is human.

As for the condoms, just ask him about it. Not in a "OMG ARE YOU CHEATING YOU SCUMBAG" way though obviously. Ultimately you need to have a bit of faith/trust in him.
My boyfriend is out for a bit so I decided to clean his room to be nice while he is gone. Anyway, my morbid curiosity ended in my looking in his bedside drawer. Nothing unusual in there at first, until I saw a bag screwed up in the corner, in which I found about 6 condoms. We haven't used condoms for over 6 months and these aren't the same ones we used back at the beginning (different brand). I'm panicking now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation and I can't exactly confront him about it because I was obviously snooping. What can I do?!

Check the date. I think they last for 2 years so if they are like 2015 its fine?
Definitely cheating on you, I'd count them then check back in a month or two, also take note of flavour/make and dates incase he buys more! Post results here.
Honestly, just say you were tidying his room for him and you found the condoms. Remind him that you don't use condoms, so casually ask him why he has them. Your paranoia will be over. :h:
Original post by Future African game vet
jeesus guys, dont jump to conclusions- havent any of you heard of a "posh ****?"
my boyfriends uses condoms sometimes when he masturbates because its less messy- he may just be doing that?! (most likely doing that)

This!

Too many kids roaming around these days. There is usually a logical explanation to all this.
If it's any sort of serious relationship then just ask him, it won't do any damage and it's better than worrying! Say you saw them and are wondering what they're there for as you don't use them. He may have a legit explanation, he may have just gotten them for free at some random uni thing or the doctor's and tbh the wrappers aren't a concern (maybe he wanted to make balloons or something haha) as you say you guys used to throw them, I imagine he'd throw them if he was using them with someone else too!
posh ****
My boyfriend is out for a bit so I decided to clean his room to be nice while he is gone. Anyway, my morbid curiosity ended in my looking in his bedside drawer. Nothing unusual in there at first, until I saw a bag screwed up in the corner, in which I found about 6 condoms. We haven't used condoms for over 6 months and these aren't the same ones we used back at the beginning (different brand). I'm panicking now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation and I can't exactly confront him about it because I was obviously snooping. What can I do?!
Maybe they're from before you and he got together? I've had condoms and forgotten about them before, and since used ones of a different brand.
Reply 31
Easy tiger! I think I would just ask him first before posting on TSR. For me there are more innocent than sinister explanations.
he could just be using them for masturbation purposes. or he's using them to have sex with someone else. clearly they're being used, given the empty wrappers.

if you confront him and he is innocent, it's going to go quite badly for you. on the other hand, if he's not innocent...

it's a toughy, but people brushing it off with 'oh there'll be a rational explanation' are being at least a little bit naive.
Honestly, I think he'd do a better job of destroying evidence if he was really up to something shifty. It's definitely worth asking about though, but as others have said - try to be cool and just let him answer. If there's no other red flags in the relationship then it's hopefully very innocent!
Sorry but he has definitely been cheating on you!
Original post by tehFrance
Considering that they should only be good for two years (approx), I doubt it but is there a manufacture date or is it just expiry date?

Most condoms have a shelf life of 4 years.
http://www.durex.co.uk/faqs/

OP he could have bought them before you got together, or he could be keeping them just in case you need back up contraception, or maybe he has a posh ****. Or he could be cheating. The wrappers still being there is odd but is he a generally messy person?

Ask him about them and see his reaction. That'll give you a better idea of if he's cheating.
Reply 36
I found 5 condoms in my boyfriends sport's bag about 3 month's ago, I wasn't snooping, they fell out when I was moving the bag. I thought nothing of it because we were using them just after we had our son, now I've checked again and there are 3 missing, omg could he be cheating, he doesn't know I know that's they are even there
Out of all places you seek advice from the student room in regards to this... Seriously? I think you should just ask straight up, I mean it’s natural to be curious and as you said, you were cleaning up until you found the bag. Or you could just check them after a month.

The rationale is that he’s been sleeping with other women.
Original post by C_tinie_D
Like you said, there will be a rational explanation, maybe they are really old and he forgot about them? This will sound bad but if you really feel like you cannot confront him... maybe count how many condoms there are and at a later date (month or so) check again?

In all honesty I think you should just confront him, either way your in the wrong for snooping but not knowing will be too much and cause you to snoop even more.

What if he uses a condom to jerk off. He'll be wrongly accused of cheating.

Latest

Trending

Trending