The Student Room Group

Medicine Interview Nerves (Help me)

Hi guys,

So today I had an interview with a medical school and I'm not sure how I performed. The thing that's freaking me out was it lasted 8 minutes (it was a skype interview). There were no awkward pauses and I tried to answer the questions to the best of my ability, but then they said bye and it ended. There was a lot I had wished I could have said in this interview but it didn't exactly come out right.

So I have another medical school interview lined up for Jan (it's a UK uni so I have to be there in person) and I am sh'''ing bricks because what if I mess up? Does anyone have any methods on how to do well on your interview. I have one book but I'm not sure how effective it is, because during the interview I feel so rushed that I discard all the methods I've learned and just start answering the question without a proper structure.

How do I make sure that I control the flow of what I'm saying. Everyone at home is too busy to listen to me speak, trust me, I tried. Also, do you try replying to a question as long as possible or do you give them a short reply. I feel like a lot of the answers I give are short replies...

So I'm just having a meltdown because I really really need to do well on my interview otherwise my dreams of medicine are over...
okay i was once told...in terms of speaking sort of preparation, get a teddy bear and place it opposite you and speak to the teddy bear
Reply 2
Original post by Safiya122
okay i was once told...in terms of speaking sort of preparation, get a teddy bear and place it opposite you and speak to the teddy bear

That's... not a bad idea. I can focus on the teddy bear and pretend it's an interviewer. Hmm... im just so friggin nervous :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending