The Student Room Group

Breaking Bad vs Sopranos vs The Wire (May contain spoilers)

Hey guys,

I've recently completed all three shows now, and chose these as they were considered to be the GOAT-top three by general consensus.

For those who watched all three:

1) Saddest death?
2) Favourite character?
3) How would you rank them?

For me:

Spoiler

Also anyone got any recommendations for the next best series to watch? Something similar to any of the above would be good. Not interested in GoT.

Cheers
i've heard breaking bad is like really good - never watched it though but has some good reviews to it
BB, never seen the sopranos and I found the wire boring as ****
(edited 9 years ago)
BB is the only one of these three that I've seen all of. The episodes of The Sopranos and The Wire that I have seen have been good though and I've enjoyed them. I never though GoT would have been for me as that sort of thing really isn't to my tastes, but I've really got into since they started showing it from the start on Sky.
Reply 4
Original post by Greg Jackson
BB, never seen the sopranos and the I found the wire boring as ****

How many wire episodes did you watch? It gets really good but you need to stick at it. I also was a bit confused at first, as they threw you so many characters at the start and you couldn't really understand what was going on and who was who but i eventually grew to love it.
Reply 5
The Sopranos > Breaking Bad.

Never seen the Wire - but I really should.
1. The Wire
(small gap)
2. The Sopranos
(big gap)
3. Breaking Bad

Saddest death was

Spoiler

Can't pick a favourite character though, too many

Original post by DH1'
Also anyone got any recommendations for the next best series to watch? Something similar to any of the above would be good.

There's not many out there that can really compete with those three, in terms of offering top quality in every department. The two I'd suggest are Mad Men and House of Cards. Otherwise, try out some anime if you want some great characters and story-lines.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Wire>>>Breaking Bad.

Not sure about the Sopranos though.

Quick Reply

Latest