The Student Room Group

Low requirements?

Hey everyone, I'm from Germany and just started to inform myself about studying in Scotland, my marks aren't that great I would say it is similiar to your CCC. I was thinking of studying in the social sector and was wondering if anyone has a advice for me if it still makes sense to apply in Scottland and what Unis or courses you would recommend..Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
I think it depends on the subjects had actually....and you should check their Unis website...
Original post by Suzi2
Hey everyone, I'm from Germany and just started to inform myself about studying in Scotland, my marks aren't that great I would say it is similiar to your CCC. I was thinking of studying in the social sector and was wondering if anyone has a advice for me if it still makes sense to apply in Scottland and what Unis or courses you would recommend..Thanks for your help!

What's your Abiturschnitt? I'm from Germany, too, and what I did was check the universities' websites for Abitur entry requirements (some have them, some don't, it usually takes a bit to find them). If they don't have them online you could message them?
Reply 3
Hey, thanks for your respond, it is 2.9. I was only starting to search for courses and stuff and it was a bit overwhelming at the beginning thats why I asked. Most of the Unis need at least a 2.5 and I was wondering if someone else might has suggestions for courses with low requirements I havent even considered, just to check out a few more options :smile:
Original post by Suzi2
Hey, thanks for your respond, it is 2.9. I was only starting to search for courses and stuff and it was a bit overwhelming at the beginning thats why I asked. Most of the Unis need at least a 2.5 and I was wondering if someone else might has suggestions for courses with low requirements I havent even considered, just to check out a few more options :smile:

You should check out the University of the Highlands and Islands, I couldn't find any Abitur entry requirements on their website but the other entry requirements seem to be low (for example social sciences requires two C's in the A-levels). But I'd consider looking at universities in England, too, since there are more of them to choose from and most of the Scottish ones do require a higher Abitur grade.
Hi there. My advice would be to contact the universities directly. We all have differing requirements so it's best to check directly. A quick email with the subject area(s) of interest, grades and the subjects you studied and we can tell you if you'd be eligible.

I know at QMU we can accept 3.0 or better for some courses. Search your subject on UCAS and send an email to the universities of interest - handily the email address is on the course details page.

Hope this helps! Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest