The Student Room Group

Want to change the last uni i've applied to for law

I've currently applied to Dundee, Swansea, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent and UWE Bristol.

I want to change UWE to a different uni, i'm aware of how to do it by calling ucas etc, however i'm unsure of what uni to replace it with.

My AS grades are pretty weak at CCDD, and predicted BBB. So i'm wondering what uni would be best for me apply to? I was thinking maybe Coventry? or Edge Hill?

I have got offers from all but still waiting on Dundee
you need to contact UCAS to do this
Reply 2
Unless the choice was made 7 days ago, they won't be able to change it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ema97
I've currently applied to Dundee, Swansea, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent and UWE Bristol.

I want to change UWE to a different uni, i'm aware of how to do it by calling ucas etc, however i'm unsure of what uni to replace it with.

My AS grades are pretty weak at CCDD, and predicted BBB. So i'm wondering what uni would be best for me apply to? I was thinking maybe Coventry? or Edge Hill?

I have got offers from all but still waiting on Dundee

Why do you want to switch your choice away from UWE? Just out of curiosity.

Also, when did you submit you application? Changes can only be made within 7 days of submission, so if it was more than a week ago them unfortunately you're stuck with your current choices.
Reply 4
Original post by mackemforever
Why do you want to switch your choice away from UWE? Just out of curiosity.

Also, when did you submit you application? Changes can only be made within 7 days of submission, so if it was more than a week ago them unfortunately you're stuck with your current choices.

When I visited the uni, i just really didn't like it and it just didn't feel right. If that makes sense ahah

I've read through my UCAS choices page and it says if you do want to change one of the unis you've applied to even after the 7 days limit, then call up and they will see what they can do
Reply 5
Original post by ema97
When I visited the uni, i just really didn't like it and it just didn't feel right. If that makes sense ahah

I've read through my UCAS choices page and it says if you do want to change one of the unis you've applied to even after the 7 days limit, then call up and they will see what they can do

I tried that and unfortunately it was a direct "no". They didn't even let me discuss it. You should definitely try though. There's nothing to lose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by *Stefan*
I tried that and unfortunately it was a direct "no". They didn't even let me discuss it. You should definitely try though. There's nothing to lose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

woah, cant believe they wouldnt even let you discuss it - bit extreme!
Yeah, definitely will, just need to think of a different uni soon
Reply 7
Original post by ema97
woah, cant believe they wouldnt even let you discuss it - bit extreme!
Yeah, definitely will, just need to think of a different uni soon

Yeah... the moment I told them what I called for, the answer was "Sorry, but this is not possible". Slightly disappointed, but oh well...
Reply 8
Original post by *Stefan*
Yeah... the moment I told them what I called for, the answer was "Sorry, but this is not possible". Slightly disappointed, but oh well...

yeah thats pretty crappy! Where did you end up?
Original post by ema97

That isn't for changing choices it is about if you pick firm/insurance and change your mind after the 7 day limit.

You can't substitute choices after 7 days. Your only options are to withdraw that application (but you can't replace it) or to decline all of your choices and apply to a 6th choice via Extra.
Reply 10
I'm currently studying first year law at Dundee, i'd definitely recommend it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending