The Student Room Group

Have I messed it up with this Girl?

My friend's girlfriend had a house party for her birthday. As soon as I walked in, I put my drink's in my friend's girlfriends room and when I went up there she told me her coursemate really liked me.

20 minutes later she came up to me asking to 'sponsor' her for a run. Then i started chatting to her and she said she made up the sponsor thing it was just to get us talking.

Go home and add her on facebook as I didn't have a phone. Week later organise a date to a cocktail bar. Date goes really well and I get a long kiss and held hands on the walk back. My friend got inside information from his girlfriend saying the girl I went on the date with really liked me.

Organise a second date a week and a half later. I said dinner but she said film round mine. NOTHING HAPPENED I didn't get a kiss, barely cuddled. Just a hug at the door. We went BACKWARDS. We watched the film on my laptop so had it on my lap and therefore couldn't cuddle up to her.

Organise a third date 2 days later. Another film. This time before the date I was thinking 'I've got to make a move'. I pussyed out again. I was waiting for the right time like if we were looking into each other's eyes or facing each other. But I had the same problem with the laptop. I deliberately placed it more on her lap so I could turn my body to face her and cuddle up to her. It was a bit more cuddly but we never kissed. At the door I hugged her again.

Have I messed it up with her? Is she frijid or shy? Because I tried to give her hints by getting closer to her on the third date but she didn't do it much back (perhaps cause the laptop was on her lap). Am I just not manly enough for going for the kiss (I didn't randomly want to do it when 'the time wasn't right' and just completely unexpectedly). I can only see us kissing again (like on the 1st date) or getting more 'touchy feely' when we are both drunk on a night out.
hmm...did you kiss and tell?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Safiya122
hmm...did you kiss and tell?

What?
Original post by NoName1997
No, don't worry my friend, she is probably feeling exactly the same way you are. If she wasn't interested she wouldn't have agreed to the dates. Just let it happen naturally, go back to a bar of some sort as thats where you got lucky first :smile:

Good luck

Yeah I think that's best. Even though 'watching a film' we are close and cuddly nothing happens. At a bar at least we chat, got a kiss and maybe at the end of the night she can come back to mine or something when we are more relaxed
thats the spirit! Films always are awkward to be honest so you are not alone. Just get to know her because, if she is shy, i think she would rather want to get to know you :smile:

She's not shy but more just shy getting with someone. And i've literally just got a text from her saying its not really working even though she says she likes me
Reply 5
Films aren't really made for a date... two people sitting there in silence watching a film for a few hours? Definitely breeds awkwardness if you're not too confident around each other :wink:
Original post by dylantombides
My friend's girlfriend had a house party for her birthday. As soon as I walked in, I put my drink's in my friend's girlfriends room and when I went up there she told me her coursemate really liked me.

20 minutes later she came up to me asking to 'sponsor' her for a run. Then i started chatting to her and she said she made up the sponsor thing it was just to get us talking.

Go home and add her on facebook as I didn't have a phone. Week later organise a date to a cocktail bar. Date goes really well and I get a long kiss and held hands on the walk back. My friend got inside information from his girlfriend saying the girl I went on the date with really liked me.

Organise a second date a week and a half later. I said dinner but she said film round mine. NOTHING HAPPENED I didn't get a kiss, barely cuddled. Just a hug at the door. We went BACKWARDS. We watched the film on my laptop so had it on my lap and therefore couldn't cuddle up to her.

Organise a third date 2 days later. Another film. This time before the date I was thinking 'I've got to make a move'. I pussyed out again. I was waiting for the right time like if we were looking into each other's eyes or facing each other. But I had the same problem with the laptop. I deliberately placed it more on her lap so I could turn my body to face her and cuddle up to her. It was a bit more cuddly but we never kissed. At the door I hugged her again.

Have I messed it up with her? Is she frijid or shy? Because I tried to give her hints by getting closer to her on the third date but she didn't do it much back (perhaps cause the laptop was on her lap). Am I just not manly enough for going for the kiss (I didn't randomly want to do it when 'the time wasn't right' and just completely unexpectedly). I can only see us kissing again (like on the 1st date) or getting more 'touchy feely' when we are both drunk on a night out.

I hate the word "frijid" so much- honestly, please don't use it.

In response to your question/issue, some people just like to take it slow. My guess would be she's nervous and a bit shy. There's nothing wrong with that, and to have not done more than kiss after 3 dates shouldn't be seen as out of the ordinary. My suggestion is on the next date vary it a bit- as a girl I can say there's often nothing nicer as an early date than just going for a lovely walk around a park or the countryside near where you love. It'll give you a chance to get to know each other in a situation where you actually TALK (watching film = 2 hours of mostly silence = why would you do this as an early date?!) and inevitably feel more comfortable with her.

You've not blown it, just take into account and respect her potential shyness and you'll be fine. All the best :smile:
Seems like she's just waiting for you to do it. Shy? Yeah, perhaps but most girls wait for the guy to make the move. Not sure how you/anyone can suggest she's frigid if you haven't even had the balls to try and make a move bar the first date.

Sounds like you quit after the movie? Why? Keep talking, chill, cuddle, don't think about it to much and kiss her. If she likes you it doesn't matter how it happens much, you don't need a perfect moment- I've literally kissed girls after hinting/telling them about to do it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got a message from her saying things arent working and she likes me but isn't ready for a commitment as she came out of a long term relationship not that long ago
Original post by SP0TIFY
Films aren't really made for a date... two people sitting there in silence watching a film for a few hours? Definitely breeds awkwardness if you're not too confident around each other :wink:

We were close round each other and it's basically just an excuse to get close and cuddly
Likes you as a friend? or has feelings towards you?

Read the bit at the top of this post Im writing. She said we can be friends (so basically a friend zone).
Original post by jenkinsear
I hate the word "frijid" so much- honestly, please don't use it.

In response to your question/issue, some people just like to take it slow. My guess would be she's nervous and a bit shy. There's nothing wrong with that, and to have not done more than kiss after 3 dates shouldn't be seen as out of the ordinary. My suggestion is on the next date vary it a bit- as a girl I can say there's often nothing nicer as an early date than just going for a lovely walk around a park or the countryside near where you love. It'll give you a chance to get to know each other in a situation where you actually TALK (watching film = 2 hours of mostly silence = why would you do this as an early date?!) and inevitably feel more comfortable with her.

You've not blown it, just take into account and respect her potential shyness and you'll be fine. All the best :smile:

See top of this post (i have blown it) but in hindsight i probs should have gone for a long walk for the second date then ended up at mine after a long time chatting (rather than her coming straight here)
Original post by So Instinct
Seems like she's just waiting for you to do it. Shy? Yeah, perhaps but most girls wait for the guy to make the move. Not sure how you/anyone can suggest she's frigid if you haven't even had the balls to try and make a move bar the first date.

Sounds like you quit after the movie? Why? Keep talking, chill, cuddle, don't think about it to much and kiss her. If she likes you it doesn't matter how it happens much, you don't need a perfect moment- I've literally kissed girls after hinting/telling them about to do it.

It's nothing now (see top of this post) i don't know i never got good vibes anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by dylantombides
Just got a message from her saying things arent working and she likes me but isn't ready for a commitment as she came out of a long term relationship not that long ago

We were close round each other and it's basically just an excuse to get close and cuddly

Read the bit at the top of this post Im writing. She said we can be friends (so basically a friend zone).

See top of this post (i have blown it) but in hindsight i probs should have gone for a long walk for the second date then ended up at mine after a long time chatting (rather than her coming straight here)

It's nothing now (see top of this post) i don't know i never got good vibes anyway.

You have identified what you did wrong - you did not escalate enough. You already kissed her on the 1st date, you should have kissed her again without hesitation on the 2nd. You let the date go backwards, you are the man remember, she expects you to be the one making the moves. Learn for next time.
Tough one. Personally I'd say, if she keeps going over to yours she wants to do carnal stuffz. So yeah, just make a move, or hold your piece foreveeerr.
I only brought a girl round mine to watch a movie once, but when I did I had the living room to myself. That meant I had the 55 inch screen, blu ray player underneath, and I hooked the TV up to the big speakers. That left plenty of couch room to get cozy. Compare that to a laptop on your lap, where you have to awkwardly position yourself so both of you can see. So yeah, you might want to improve your home entertainment setup before the next one suggests something similar

Guess she was there for the taking but needed a different environment, maybe you should've declined her suggestion, though I suppose it's easy to look in hindsight
I think you're contemplating this matter to a profound complexity.
R-e-l-a-x.
She's probably shy, she probably needs time to overcome her anxiety...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending