The Student Room Group

Tips For My First Interview

I have my first ever interview, for a banqueting job tomorrow, and I'm nerve wrecked! Is there any advice/tips you could give me?

Also I know preparation would be ideal, any tips on how to prepare?
My advice would be to do some research on the company you have the interview with, so that you already have some knowledge of what to expect, what they represent, and what they may be looking for.

Think of some answers to questions they might ask - your strengths and weaknesses, if you are a team player (think of some examples of where you have been), if you can work on your own initiative, why you want to work for this company and in this role, what you can contribute, and so on.

Dress smartly, make eye-contact with the person who interviews you, make sure to smile when you meet them and shake their hand.

Most applicants will be nervous to some extent. That's to be expected. The person who interviews you will know this as well and take this into consideration. So, just show as much confidence as you can and be friendly, and you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Hi

The main tips I would give are to find a bit about the business as they might ask you what you know about it. Be confident and re read your cv and covering letter in case they ask you about it :smile: They may ask you simple stuff like why you want the job and how your current experience relates to the job e.g experience with general public

Hope this has helped a bit

Alice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending