The Student Room Group

Should i put module/unit names?

I'm reluctant to do so as i got an E in one of my modules for Chemistry even though i got a C overall, and it would be admitting that i did better in some modules than others i if i only put up the modules with good grades for the subjects.

Is it necessary to even put the unit/module names? I mean would it make that much of a difference? I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering
Reply 1
If you're re-sitting some modules you'll need to put all of the modules in - and choose "pending" as a grade for the module you're re-sitting.

People who aren't re-sitting things in my school don't put modules in.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WilliamSlim
I'm reluctant to do so as i got an E in one of my modules for Chemistry even though i got a C overall, and it would be admitting that i did better in some modules than others i if i only put up the modules with good grades for the subjects.

Is it necessary to even put the unit/module names? I mean would it make that much of a difference? I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering

It's generally recommended to include module results (and include all module results).

Few universities take them into account but some will be suspicious of applicants who withhold their module grades. Variation in module grades isn't a bad thing - it's normal.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
It's generally recommended to include module results (and include all module results).

Few universities take them into account but some will be suspicious of applicants who withhold their module grades. Variation in module grades isn't a bad thing - it's normal.

Would it really hinder my chances if I didn't include them?
It's optional. It says so on ucas. Plus they will have access to your modular results on results day. I didn't put mine in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WilliamSlim
Would it really hinder my chances if I didn't include them?

Maybe - including typical varied module grades definitely wont hinder your chances.

If it were my decision I would put them in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending