The Student Room Group

Finding someone for my sister

So, probably a pretty weird post but here goes! I'm trying to find someone for my sister. She has plenty of guys interested in her but they are either not her type, already with someone or just trying to hook up with her. She is in her mid 20s and she has never actually been intimate with anyone due to her ridiculously over-idealised notions of sex and romance and the fact that when she was younger, she was pretty immature about guys. She is not the type to just fall into bed with a sweet talker and would only have sex if she were in a relationship. She starts RGU next term and I thought this might be a good place to find someone that's like her. She is just short of 6ft tall, has light brown hair to her shoulders, blue eyes and a pretty face. She isn't 'fat' but she is working on losing weight so she can feel confident about herself and is going to the gym and so on. She is old fashioned about dating and she's a romantic, slightly high maintenance and easily offended at times but she makes up for it with everything else. The type of guys she tends to find attractive are ones who take care of themselves, especially their teeth and they tend to be from medium height to tall and slender to stocky. She likes to go out and if anyone is interested to know more, I would be happy to private chat and maybe set something up (though you'll be stuck with me and my husband to start with so we can gauge whether you're a psycho or not :P) Sorry for the bizarre post, hoping to find some old fashioned romantic that is interested! And don't worry, I will tell her I did this lol. Oh and probably 25-32 years for an age range.

EDIT: She IS looking, she IS having difficulty in finding someone suitable and she IS asking for help. I just thought someone going to the uni she is attending next term might be a good idea because they would have some common ground to start with. Try reading the whole thing before being a jerk, huh?
(edited 9 years ago)
Umm... I would really just let your sister find someone for herself, and make her own decisions about her romantic relationships. If you are serious about this, well, you probably mean well, but it hardly sounds like your sister is in a desperate situation, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what she is looking for. I'd just let things be :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by Kittiara
Umm... I would really just let your sister find someone for herself, and make her own decisions about her romantic relationships. If you are serious about this, well, you probably mean well, but it hardly sounds like your sister is in a desperate situation, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what she is looking for. I'd just let things be :smile:.

She's 27, has no suitable prospects where we are and has no clue where to meet someone. She really wants to meet someone and just keeps finding creeps on dating sites, hence this ^^
Reply 3
Original post by moocowmeow
So, probably a pretty weird post but here goes! I'm trying to find someone for my sister. She has plenty of guys interested in her but they are either not her type, already with someone or just trying to hook up with her. She is in her mid 20s and she has never actually been intimate with anyone due to her ridiculously over-idealised notions of sex and romance and the fact that when she was younger, she was pretty immature about guys. She is not the type to just fall into bed with a sweet talker and would only have sex if she were in a relationship. She starts RGU next term and I thought this might be a good place to find someone that's like her. She is just short of 6ft tall, has light brown hair to her shoulders, blue eyes and a pretty face. She isn't 'fat' but she is working on losing weight so she can feel confident about herself and is going to the gym and so on. She is old fashioned about dating and she's a romantic, slightly high maintenance and easily offended at times but she makes up for it with everything else. The type of guys she tends to find attractive are ones who take care of themselves, especially their teeth and they tend to be from medium height to tall and slender to stocky. She likes to go out and if anyone is interested to know more, I would be happy to private chat and maybe set something up (though you'll be stuck with me and my husband to start with so we can gauge whether you're a psycho or not :P) Sorry for the bizarre post, hoping to find some old fashioned romantic that is interested! And don't worry, I will tell her I did this lol. Oh and probably 25-32 years for an age range.
How about mind your own ****ing business and let her mind hers?
What's RGU sorry.
Its really sweet that you are trying to look out for your sister and help her but maybe setting her up with people might hurt her.
Reply 6
hello,

I am in aberdeen, international student dying of loneliness :frown:

i would not mind to befriend you and your sister

speak soon
The idea is sweet but I think your sister should be the one to find a guy for herself. What if you introduced her to someone and it goes wrong, you would most likely be blamed for it. I set a friend up with a guy well actually she kinda swooned in and won his heart and I was left like a potato *eye twitches* that's actually so irrelevant but anyway she will find the right man for her in due time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending