The Student Room Group

Is going to a good University attractive?

I go to Brunel, I know its not the best of unis but whenever I tell girls what uni I go to, they have the look of like 'Oh.. okay' which makes me wonder, if I went to a uni like UCL would that entice them more?

Scroll to see replies

Women are uninterested in guys not from the Oxbridge master race.
No? A good university can't overshadow a bad personality just like a bad one can't overshadow a good one. Just.....???
Girls are attracted to ambitious men, so naturally the better university you attend will make you appear more attractive as it will heighten your career prospects.
No. Generally it's more attractive to girls if you go to a bad university. They like the bad boys after all.
Reply 5
Of course. Being at a good university reflects intelligence. In modern society, intelligence is very attractive.
Reply 6
It actually depends on the degree you do tbh
Original post by Uw0tm8_
It actually depends on the degree you do tbh

Agreed. Anyone not from the STEM master race is not worthy.
Reply 8
Original post by Morrisseya

I do Mechanical Engineering... is that good?
Original post by Anonymous
I do Mechanical Engineering... is that good?

Only Oxbridge STEM students are truly worthy of alpha master race status.
I don't think those are the sort of girls you really want to be concerning yourself with to be honest..
Personally, I do sort of judge people's uni destinations. I definitely would only date within the Russell Group if I were to date a British person and not, let's say, a French person. St Andrews being an exception. However, I think this is only because I myself am aiming for top universities, having come from an educated family. I have uni offers from good institutions, as in UK top ten.

If I were less academic it wouldn't bother me.

There are definitely exceptions to this, for instance Economics and Modern Languages .
Original post by mfljunkie
There are definitely exceptions to this, for instance Economics and Modern Languages .

But only the STEM master race is pure and true.
if you want to be like that, then maybe we should only consider the dutch/french/german engineers who also speak two different languages the better 'master race'

you can not compete against them, they know their STEM and their languages

What about people who are trolled easily? Are they the master race too? :wink:
given the attitude of some STEMers, I wouldn't think sincerity in the 'master race' statement is beyond them

Lol very true :lol:
Lol very true :lol:

I think we can all agree, however, that some degrees are better not taken. I don't want to name names but some degrees are such a waste of money, I don't understand why people think they're worth the debt when they'll only end up unemployable.
Original post by Anonymous
I think we can all agree, however, that some degrees are better not taken. I don't want to name names but some degrees are such a waste of money, I don't understand why people think they're worth the debt when they'll only end up unemployable.

*cough* Media Studies *cough* :yep:
*cough* Media Studies *cough* :yep:

+ english language, sociology, theatre studies

they're even more worthless from a non-russell group uni
Reply 19
Women are uninterested in guys not from the Oxbridge master race.

And you might just about manage to attract, a less choosey girl, if you're at Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending