The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Applicant Days versus Open Days

I went to an open day for UEA this summer (2014) and absolutely loved it there. I've applied for 2 different courses (English Literature based) and got offers for both. It's my top choice university and, in my opinion, stands out above all the others on my list in terms of personal preference.

I've been invited to register for an Applicant Day but am unsure if I should go seeing as I'm so keen to study at UEA anyway. Are Applicant Days really all that different, and, more importantly, more beneficial than Open Days?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Applicant days involve the tutors giving you tour of campus and you department resources...they talk about what you are hoping to achieve from uni...
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by a9493r
Applicant days involve the tutors giving you tour of campus and you department resources...they talk about what you are hoping to achieve from uni...

I understand what the Applicant Days are but I was wondering how beneficial it would be considering I'm so keen to go there anyway.
Reply 3
Hum, I guess you would probably find out a lot more about the course then you probably did on the open days cuz the tutors sit and talk with you what you want to do in the future and if those modules are taught there or not...
Reply 4
some unis do look at if you attended an applicant day and if it comes down to it, may use it to decide to give you a place or not (not always but occasionally). If you can go, then its def worth it!!

Quick Reply