The Student Room Group

A-levels for law help

I'm so confused over which A levels to pick. 3 of the ones I'm interested in are in the same block(History,Biology and Philosophy and Ethics.) I am hoping to apply to Kings/UCL/Warwick/LSE/Bristol. Which combination would look better? Assuming i get top grades in them

English Literature,Latin(AS),Philosophy and Ethics,and Maths.

English Literature,Latin(AS),Philosophy and Ethics,and Psychology

English Literature,Latin(AS),Biology ,and Maths.

English Literature,Latin(AS),History ,and Maths.

English Literature,Latin(AS),Biology ,and Psychology

English Literature,Latin(AS),History ,and Psychology

Also,is A level maths as difficult as it's made out to be? I got an A in gcse maths last year and I'm studying Further Maths.
I would suggest English Literature,Latin(AS),History, and Maths.

IMO they would be the best A-levels for law that you've listed.
I dropped out of maths and further maths in my first year after getting 2A's are GCSE Maths, it is difficult but the biggest issue is that you have to have the willpower to stick to it, because if you aren't genuinely interested then you will find it incredibly dull, trust me. My biggest mistake was picking subjects that I didn't have much of an interest in just because they were well respected by unis, and I've ended up having to do an additional year in sixth form because of it.
Either -

I'm a bit biased by choosing the Maths combinations (currently studying AS maths). TBH for law you really just need written subjects but I think the Maths and Latin aspect makes you seem like an all-rounded academic individual. Have you considered Politics?

A Level Maths is as hard as you choose it to be. It all depends on the work you do outside the lesson. It's not too difficult but without practising, it will be. You Learn so much content so it's vital to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!
Bump
Original post by inthechaos
I dropped out of maths and further maths in my first year after getting 2A's are GCSE Maths, it is difficult but the biggest issue is that you have to have the willpower to stick to it, because if you aren't genuinely interested then you will find it incredibly dull, trust me. My biggest mistake was picking subjects that I didn't have much of an interest in just because they were well respected by unis, and I've ended up having to do an additional year in sixth form because of it.

Totally agree! Which is why I'm confused with picking a combo with psychology or maths. I dont not enjoy maths,but I'd enjoy psych more.

Original post by DeeAyy0000
Either -

I'm a bit biased by choosing the Maths combinations (currently studying AS maths). TBH for law you really just need written subjects but I think the Maths and Latin aspect makes you seem like an all-rounded academic individual. Have you considered Politics?

A Level Maths is as hard as you choose it to be. It all depends on the work you do outside the lesson. It's not too difficult but without practising, it will be. You Learn so much content so it's vital to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

Unfortunately Politics isn't offered at my school!

Thanks for the response
Bump
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest