The Student Room Group

AQA -A Psychology Coursework ahhh help!

Hi,
My teacher suggested doing a study on electronically mediated relationships, since its something modern and not many people do stuff like that BUT i've carried out the research (it was a questionairre) and now I'm trying to write the discussion and not only do I have no correlation (I was trying to find a negative correlation between age and minutes spent using mobile phone per day) but I don't even know where to begin with related research.
Any suggestions on either: when you have no correlation
or
electronically mediated relationships?
Reply 1
Hi!

With regards to to what to do when you have no correlation, it doen't matter. There was no correlation in the results for my A2 coursework (which I did just before the summer holidays) and it didn't matter at all (I ended up getting 58/60.) You will have lots to talk about in the part where you discuss why you achieved the results you did (questionnaires have many problems, the sample size was too small, confounding variables etc.) Also, you can suggest many improvements for future research i.e. if you were to use a more valid means of researching the issues, there may be a correlation.

If you want to find some studies, use google schollar (sorry I can't spell.) Just go to www.google.com, then click on 'more' which is just above the bar where you write things in, then click on the scollar icon, then type in what you want to find. It should filter out all of the rubbish sites and take you straight to the sites that have decent studies you can use in your coursework.

Hope this helped!

Latest

Trending

Trending