The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths - Higher *Need help with some Q's PLEASEEE*

Hi guys. Maths is a strong subject of mine, although there are a few sort of questions that I can never answer. Here are the type of ones I struggled with.. would grately appreciate if you'd talk me through them. (I know the answers as I checked the mark scheme, but I don't understand how to get them)
Thanks!!

Thanks all, these are the sort of questions I consistently drop marks on.
Hi, iMacJack!

Would you be so kind as to link the mark schemes for these particular questions? It's been a while since I did GCSE and - whilst I'll happily help - I want to ensure I tell you the right stuff first.

Yours,
Grey
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Hi, iMacJack!

Would you be so kind as to link the mark schemes for these particular questions? It's been a while since I did GCSE and whilst I'll happily help, I want to ensure I tell you the right stuff first.

Yours,
Grey

Thanks!
http://www.riddlesdown.org/Media/Maths/Higher/March%202013%20Exam%20&%20Mark%20Scheme.pdf
Scroll to the bottom, the question numbers on the screencaps of the questions, although you'll find them on that. :smile:
for 10), you know that angle AED = 38 degrees because of the alternate angle theorem from angle BAE (marked 38 degrees).
Since AE =ED, angle ADE = angle EAD (isosceles triangle). Therefore 180 -38 = 142, 142/2=71 degrees. so angle ADE = 71 degrees.
x= 180 - 71 = 109 degrees (angles on a straight line = 180)

Hope it helped :smile:
for 13) The interior angle of a square = 90 degrees.
The total interior angle of a pentagon = 180*(5-2)=540 degrees.
Therefore, one interior angle = 540/5=108 degrees.

So now you know the three shapes' interior angles, which is 90 + 108 + 108 = 306 degrees.
Angle at a point = 360 degrees. So x = 360-306=54 degrees

Again, hope I helped :smile:
Hi again!

Here's an illustrated guide to the first question. Sorry it's a bit cluttered, I'll explain it a bit if you're not sure!

Yours,
Grey
(edited 9 years ago)
Me once again!

Here's how to solve the second question:

It looks like bluebluebear has sorted you out with the other two questions better than I would've done. Hope we helped!

Yours,
Grey
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest