The Student Room Group

Applying to 5 different university courses?

So I'm doing my UCAS application just now and I am applying to do 5 different courses which are all at different universities, but the thing that is confusing me is that fact that I can only see one area to put a personal statement in.

Will I need to merge all my personal statements for each course into one big personal statement? If so, I won't have enough room to fit all the relevant information in, which is a great issue for me.

Are you only allowed to submit 1 personal statement as a whole on UCAS or can I submit the 5 different personal statements at the same time, but for each course?

I hope this make sense because it's annoying me a lot. :frown:

Thanks!
Original post by adam,
So I'm doing my UCAS application just now and I am applying to do 5 different courses which are all at different universities, but the thing that is confusing me is that fact that I can only see one area to put a personal statement in.

Will I need to merge all my personal statements for each course into one big personal statement? If so, I won't have enough room to fit all the relevant information in, which is a great issue for me.

Are you only allowed to submit 1 personal statement as a whole on UCAS or can I submit the 5 different personal statements at the same time, but for each course?

Thanks!

You're only allowed to write one personal statement so you'll have to write it for one particular subject. If I may ask, why 5 different courses?
Reply 2
I wanted to have a range of options to pick from because I am very picky and I've been struggling to pick courses for months now, it's been getting quite tedious. :l

And I may as well use up all my options because I'm already paying for it to get sent away so I thought I should just fill up the spaces. :biggrin:
Original post by adam,
I wanted to have a range of options to pick from because I am very picky and I've been struggling to pick courses for months now, it's been getting quite tedious. :l

And I may as well use up all my options because I'm already paying for it to get sent away so I thought I should just fill up the spaces. :biggrin:

Pick one course and apply for it. Honestly, It's better than getting 5 rejections AND having your money wasted.
Reply 4
Original post by Incubator
Pick one course and apply for it. Honestly, It's better than getting 5 rejections AND having your money wasted.

Hm, true.

Thanks anyways for your advice! I shall update my UCAS application now. :smile:
Original post by adam,

Thanks!

Five different courses will be a lot to write about in one personal statement? Are they all very different? If so, I'd seeeeeeriously advise against this haha
Reply 6
Original post by mfljunkie
Five different courses will be a lot to write about in one personal statement? Are they all very different? If so, I'd seeeeeeriously advise against this haha

Thinking about it now, it would be a lot I guess.

I do have a personal statement for each course I want to do so it would just be putting them together and picking out the sensible information would be the issue. And yes they are all different and all at different universities.
Original post by adam,
Thinking about it now, it would be a lot I guess.

I do have a personal statement for each course I want to do so it would just be putting them together and picking out the sensible information would be the issue. And yes they are all different and all at different universities.

could you maybe go into detail? what courses are you applying for? I applied for joint honours and speaking about both of those was hard enough, writing about 5 you'll neither have rhyme nor reason I'm afraid :frown:

Universities want to know you're passionate about what you're wanting to study, and if they see evidence that you're actually wanting to four other things as well, you're more likely to get a rejection
Yeah I applied for joint honours and it was hard work linking the two & explaining relevant study in such a short space of time, you'll be better off just getting on with it and making a decision to pick one or two courses (which may well still be at five different unis entirely) but that are closely related

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending