The Student Room Group

why are people so intolerant of islamism

In my opinion the only way to combat isis al shabaab and boko haram is with tolerance and understanding. If we treat them with love and respect they may negotiate with us but instead america bombs them because they threaten their business interests. It makes me ashamed to be british.

Scroll to see replies

Jealousy
Reply 2
I highly doubt love and respect will work with ISIS lool
Invite them all to a central location for cookies and ice cream.

Then blow the place skyhigh.
Reply 4
'if we treat them with love and respect' are you kidding? they are people that kill just because they feel like as well as for provocation.

they call themselves the ISLAMIC STATE but NOWHERE in Islam is unjustified manslaughter allowed. Islam is a religion of peace and all these people are doing is giving it a bad name, leading people who are uneducated on Islam to associate Islam with terrorism.

in my opinion the outrage is justifiable. unlike the actions of these people.

I would like to call them something else as I don't quite regard them as 'human' but I'd rather not be derogatory and cause a mess.
Original post by intelligent con
In my opinion the only way to combat isis al shabaab and boko haram is with tolerance and understanding. If we treat them with love and respect they may negotiate with us but instead america bombs them because they threaten their business interests. It makes me ashamed to be british.

One thing we do know is that they see our tolerance and understanding as a weakness to be exploited.
We must never be tolerant of the intolerant.
Islamists learned a long time ago that violence or even the threat of it, used against what they see as weak opponents, gets them what they want.
Yay...kicked off into the long grass of international. Not even Society!
Thats how to get it ignored.
Nice one Cyril.
Original post by caravaggio2
One thing we do know is that they see our tolerance and understanding as a weakness to be exploited.
We must never be tolerant of the intolerant.
Islamists learned a long time ago that violence or even the threat of it, used against what they see as weak opponents, gets them what they want.

Let inner peace guide your soul. Karma will do the rest.
tolerance love
Reply 9
That love and respect really seemed to work for Alan Henning.

Oh, wait... no it didn't.
Reply 10
My Socio teacher had an interesting theory...
As many british ISIS fighters are apparently complaining about the food over in Syria, he suggested air dropping in pizza and as they all gathered round/ tucking in just drop a giant net over them all.

Funding the PKK and helping them fight back makes more sense though.
Because it's almost 2015 and a lot of people have gone through a lot of **** to provide us with the freedoms we currently enjoy. I do not want to see this society regress back to the dark ages.
(edited 9 years ago)
Because the media tells them to be, and people will believe anything the media tells them.

Why negotiate when victory can be achieved.

The only thing preventing their eradication are the rules of a just war (we can't carpet bomb them) and an unwillingness from electorates to support boots on the ground.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Because the media tells them to be, and people will believe anything the media tells them.

This. The media has been whipping the general public into a frenzy over immigration and Muslims. It truly is both scary and sad that on this liberal forum, all of Islam is painted as the enemy.

Perfect atmosphere for public support for further invasion of the Middle East.

Perfect atmosphere.
Original post by KenGosgrove
This. The media has been whipping the general public into a frenzy over immigration and Muslims. It truly is both scary and sad that on this liberal forum, all of Islam is painted as the enemy.

Perfect atmosphere.

I wouldn't go as far as to say liberal, it's pretty torn and even those you might identify as liberal based on some posts, not too sure about.
ISIS has formally declared itself the arbiter of all humanity and will enact the will of Allah at all costs. It cares not for nation states as we know them, it cares not for the law, or for democracy. Allah is the state, the law and knowledge on all things.

You are a fool for thinking there is negotiations with such dogmatism. Those who think along a narrow path of dogma express themselves along the narrow edge of the sword. Negotiations are off the table. The question is if British military intervention is the correct form of policy.
Original post by KenGosgrove

Perfect atmosphere.

clean your tin foil hat, because its not working
Original post by -Native Briton-
clean your tin foil hat, because its not working

He didn't say anything tin foil hatish. It is true it is largely down to the way the media presents Islam, that they only seem capable of mentioning the Islam bit if it's bad which they reserve exclusively for Muslims; I wouldn't totally rule out public support for further conflict in the middle east, despite Iraq and Afghanistan either, I would say it particularly likely until at least the end of the decade, but I also would rule it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they can have love and respect once they have paid the price for their appalling behavior. they cut off journalist's heads, they kidnap schoolgirls ... they are not naughty scamps who have been scrumping apples.

Quick Reply

Latest