The Student Room Group

University Help

Hi All, Hope someone can help!

Basically, on a sandwich year as part of my course. I get 30 credits towards the course for completing the year.

However, I've just received an email from the uni telling me that they have changed the course and I now don't get anything for it.

Now, Im wondering considering I've already registered can they do this?
I would contact them asap x
Original post by Keelo
Hi All, Hope someone can help!

Basically, on a sandwich year as part of my course. I get 30 credits towards the course for completing the year.

However, I've just received an email from the uni telling me that they have changed the course and I now don't get anything for it.

Now, Im wondering considering I've already registered can they do this?

You need to find out what this means for you in terms of graduating. They shouldn't do this whilst people are enrolled on the course!
Reply 3
They can alter course content - and even cancel them - whilst people are enrolled and studying. However they should be offering you another way of getting those 30 credits, otherwise the course will lose its accreditation and they wouldn't be able to run it at all.

Contact your course leader as soon as possible to find out what they've put in place as an alternative. Also, contact your NUS reps. They need to be aware that students are being disadvantaged.
Reply 4
Thanks guys, basically emailed them straight away and asked how they could justify doing it considering I had already registered on a course with 30 credits for the placement. What I was meant to do as I couldn't join on the course because I had missed 2 months already.

I also asked why they expected to recieve money for the course year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending