The Student Room Group

Dissertation HELL. Please Help

Okay, so I'm in my 4th year at Uni which means it's my time to write a dissertation, wooooo!

My first progress report is due on Thursday 1st, and by now we should have our literature review, methodology and data collection finished.

My problem is, that I only have my title, and thats it. And i dont even know if it's something I can do, because I dont have the slightest clue how to go about it.

My proposed topic is: A comparative analysis of Aldi & Morrison's marketing strategy, sounds **** eh? I came up with it in a few hours because I HAD to decide on something that day after weeks of not being able to think of what to do.

Problem is, I dont think i'm going to be able to access enough info on Aldi to write a full dissertation, due to them being a private company and not publishing annual reports ect the same way a public company would. I know ive got my supervisor there, but by now its a bit late for me to turn round and tell him I cant find enough info because im supposed to be a 1/3 of the way through it by now.

I dont really understand research methodology and wouldnt have the slightest clue how to write one up.

I'm a pretty **** student tbh, i've never enjoyed uni or my course but stuck it out anyway, and my lowest mark last year was 60%, highest being 74%, and that was without studying. I probably only know about 15% of the course content im supposed to know by now, and I've quickly realised I'm not gunna pull off they sorta marks this year unless I actually try.

I'm not sure how to even start going about my dissertation or what my aims and objectives are and im really starting to worry that Im not gunna see the end of the year. I think it would have been easier for me to pick a dissertation topic that had been done before so I could follow that methodology and make things easier for myself.

I'm not sure whether to try and think of something else to do, although im not sure what my supervisor would say to that since im now in week 10.

I just dont know what to do!
Reply 1
Your way behind schedule, I think you should ask for an extension from your supervisor. Is this your final dissertation or is it a proposal?

Well, don't worry just inquire whether you can get an extension and immediately start working on your dissertation.

There is a lot of information on Aldi marketing strategies. I have done a paper on the subject so am sure there is more than enough readily available to prepare a full dissertation.

All the best, I hope things will work out for you. In case you need further help, feel free to contact me.
Please visit writepapers.co.uk for professional dissertation help. Thanks
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply!

Its my final dissertation, the full thing isnt due until April but I was supposed to have my first progress report last Thursday, but I never went because I haven't even managed to sort out my aims and objectives.

Think I might need to come up with something else, as I feel that a comparative analysis of Aldi and Morrison's marketing strategy is a weak topic. Im not sure what the aims of it would be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending