The Student Room Group

Liking more than one person

Hello. Just a bit of background. I'm an open person and I get along with most people. I make friends easily and if you need help, whether it be a hand, an ear, or a shoulder, I'm glad to do so.

So let me get to the problem. I'm in a wonderful relationship with the girl of my dreams. We've planned on getting married once we get done with uni and living happily from there.

The problem is, is that I tend to like other people. I don't love my girlfriend any less, but I've noticed that when I get along and deep with a friend and we open up about our past and talk about stories one-on-one, I tend to find that I like this person as more than a friend. Again, I don't love my girlfriend any less, but she knows this has happened once, and it tore her apart. We talked about it and we've worked past it. It has happened again with another friend, and it has just recently gone to platonic level.

Why does this happen to me and how can I stop making it happen again?
So it's not just one person in particular? It could be anyone you have that connection/deep level of conversation with? If the latter I think that's less worrying than the former - guess you just have a lot of love to go around.

I would advise against mentioning it again to your girlfriend, especially if it doesn't interfere with your feelings for her.

Don't act on having feelings for anyone else and try to change your mindset about them; don't view it as liking someone romantically but as having formed a meaningful connection with them that does not match up to what you have with your girlfriend.

Or try and avoid having those conversations, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's the latter, most definitely. I'd be hard-pressed to not have those conversations...I guess I'll have to actively work on telling the difference better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending