The Student Room Group

How many free periods?

I'm just curious, as looking around the board it seems like I have loads compared to other people :marchmell

I do 3 A2 subjects (bio chem and psych), and i get 3 free periods a day. On mondays I only effectively have 2, because I work during my lunch free in the canteen, so all in all I have 14 free periods a week.

This sounds like a lot compared to what other people have been saying?

Scroll to see replies

Im doing AS (chem,bio,phy,history) but the A2 ppl at our skool have the same as us just broken up to avoid double frees. In total i have 12 free lessons and 4 home study lessons per fornight the most being in week 1.
Reply 2
I'm doing 3 A2's and an extra AS and have over 50% of periods free.
I am doing 5 AS (well, i always says 4.5 because i only have critical thinking onces a week but other lessons i have 3 times a week lol).

I have 4 frees and wednesday afternoon off, ofcourse (each last 1.5 hours)
I am doing 3A2s and have 18 free periods, 50 minutes each.
Reply 5
Wow, that's a lot of frees hehe. Oh yeah, another thing I was wondering, I see that a lot of people also have 50 minute lessons, whereas all mine are an hour. I suppose it's just what I'm used to, but I find non hour lessons weird hehe.
Reply 6
I take 4AS subjects and have 3 frees (each lasting 35 mins) on Mondays & Tuesdays, 2 frees on Wednesdays & Fridays and no frees on Thursday. So 10 frees with each lasting 35 mins. (although 1 is used for clarinet lessons, 1 is used for German conversation and 2 is used for community service, so effectively 7).
Reply 7
I have 12 frees per week (55 mins each) doing 3 highers. Wednesday afternoons am off, but do driving lessons from school & a hospital radio slot.
I took 4 full A-levels. In Year 12, I had 4 out of 15 periods free and in Year 13, I had 5. I had 3 lessons a week for English and history in both years, but only 2 for French in both years for some reason and only 2 for sociology in Year 13 because of a timetable clash. Each period was 1 hour 45 minutes long and we had 3 per day. In Year 12, I had 1 free on either Monday or Friday depending on the week, 1 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday. In Year 13, I had 1 free on Tuesday, 2 on Thursday and 2 on Friday.
Reply 9
12 free periods (50 minutes) excluding the twilight sessions (3.35 - 5.05). My lessons are about 90 minutes each though, so really 6 free periods a week for me :smile:
Reply 10
I only get 1 free a fortnight :frown: Do 4 AS levels taking up 40 lessons a fortnight, 4 hours sport a fortnight, 2 hours IT a fortnight and 3 hours learning support a fortnight which only leaves 1 free.
Excalibur
I take 4AS subjects and have 3 frees (each lasting 35 mins) on Mondays & Tuesdays, 2 frees on Wednesdays & Fridays and no frees on Thursday. So 10 frees with each lasting 35 mins. (although 1 is used for clarinet lessons, 1 is used for German conversation and 2 is used for community service, so effectively 7).

10 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 6 :p:
CalculusMan
10 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 6 :p:

D'oh :p:
Reply 13
i have no frees :frown: i was supposed to have 4 frees but then i have general studies in 3 of them and a french conversation lesson in the 4th. so unfair...
Reply 14
I have 5 frees over two weeks. 1hour each free. 4 frees in week 1s, and 1 free in week 2s.

although i take one or two more coz for photography, i do my work at home so when it comes to lessons i just ask fo a free.
I have 16 frees a week :eek: , because I'm only doing 3 A2's. Although theyre not really free periods because I study in this time. Sometimes in blocks of hours. I.e. tomorow I do private study in the library between 10 am and 2pm.
Reply 16
I have 14 too, but I do have extra music to fit in them. Mostly I go to the library or go and practise the piano etc. I have a three hour lunch every Thursday and Friday :biggrin:
Reply 17
I have 12 free's a week, but have alot of extra stuff to do at the moment as I'm in charge of organising our charities week and stuff, and I try to do a fair bit of work in some free periods to free up my evenings and weekends, doesn't really work mind...
I did have 12, but now I have only got 6.

I am doing, English Language, Film Studies, ICT and Psychology.

At AS.
Reply 19
Erm... I have 1 free 50 minute period a week. I do have 6 Core periods where I'm not doing lessons, but those are taken up by General Studies, an assembly, a form period, and a mandatory activity of my choice (teaching assistant, 'Spanish for fun', PE).

I wouldn't have any if it wasn't for one of my Maths lessons being moved into one of my Core periods.

Latest

Trending

Trending