The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your Xmas tree!

I know the purists don't dare even think about Xmas until December but some of us are excited and starting already.

I'd like to see the Xmas trees of TSR. Think mine is pretty good.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Forgot to attach my photo.

A real tree for the first year ever. Had the same fake tree at my parents house since before I was born.

We went for a nice simple red and gold theme.
We've also had a fake tree at our house forever, we're not planning to change that. We'll be putting it up when I get home from university. Usually do a silver and gold theme except for some red baubles.

Although our very excitable and well grown puppy may be an issue this year.
Reply 3
Original post by RFowler
We've also had a fake tree at our house forever, we're not planning to change that. We'll be putting it up when I get home from university. Usually do a silver and gold theme except for some red baubles.

Although our very excitable and well grown puppy may be an issue this year.

It's me and my gf's first Xmas together since leaving uni. We've been together over three years but it's the first year where £100 on decorations is last week's overtime and not my entire spending money for the month.

At my parents house it's the cats that are the problem.... They live climbing into the tree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Forgot to attach my photo.

A real tree for the first year ever. Had the same fake tree at my parents house since before I was born.

We went for a nice simple red and gold theme.

I've never seen a cute Christmas tree before. That's like a pygmy Christmas tree. D'aawwwwwwwww :cry2:
Reply 5
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've never seen a cute Christmas tree before. That's like a pygmy Christmas tree. D'aawwwwwwwww :cry2:

It's not that small. It's about five foot tall. Top foot is just the star and middle bit though.

Here's a new picture. Banana for scale.
It's not that small. It's about five foot tall. Top foot is just the star and middle bit though.

Here's a new picture. Banana for scale.

It's tiny! ~squee~ and it's got a cute little fat shape. :daydreaming:
Reply 8
Closest thing to a xmas tree I am putting up - an USB colour changing tree xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Brb going to put the fire out now...
is there going to be another competition thread this year? :smile: we just had our tree-day this year.. only outdoor trees so far, indoor next week :smile: 4 down 3 down though :smile: 2 to go
Original post by fallen_acorns
is there going to be another competition thread this year? :smile: we just had our tree-day this year.. only outdoor trees so far, indoor next week :smile: 4 down 3 down though :smile: 2 to go

Probably tbh. Wait for the admin team to be in the office Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody should have their tree up yet. :colonhash:
Reply 13
It's too early for Christmas trees - I got mad at someone the other day for just wearing a Christmas jumper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aoxa
It's too early for Christmas trees - I got mad at someone the other day for just wearing a Christmas jumper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even as OP I agree it's early for the tree but a XMAS jumper, when would you say that's allowed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Even as OP I agree it's early for the tree but a XMAS jumper, when would you say that's allowed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, maybe around a week into December? I guess getting christmassy too early ruins the effect for me - and it's still November!
Not mine, but I went outside this morning to go to the shops and saw this outside halls. Quite a weird way to decorate a Christmas tree and I'm wondering how drunk they were when they did it.

EDIT: Can anyone spot the stolen road sign on one of the buildings?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFowler
Not mine, but I went outside this morning to go to the shops and saw this outside halls. Quite a weird way to decorate a Christmas tree and I'm wondering how drunk they were when they did it.

Is that York?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exceptional

No, Harper Adams in Shropshire.

Quick Reply

Latest