The Student Room Group

Uni decision reply in under a day????

Scroll to see replies

I think it probably does depend on the university. Sadl,y knowing people who have received offers in a matter of hours after their applications have gone in then it would seem possible that rejections can take just as little time. The best suggestion is to ring the relevant uni and ask them what happened.
Original post by missheisenberg
That's really strange. As far as I am aware, I read on UCAS that the university doesn't find out what other courses you applied to until you hear back from every choice.

Each university you apply to knows all the courses at that university you have applied to immediately. If you apply for subjects that differ significantly then they are aware that you can't make up your mind and that you may represent a drop-out risk, or be a ditherer, none of which is attractive in a candidate.
Original post by missheisenberg

Literally right now I've just got an e-mail saying something has changed in track, so I go on to see what it is, and 2 of the courses from the same uni have replied with unsuccessful. I am so shocked, I'm not even sure what to make of this.

Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you call the university department on Monday and discuss the situation. The extraordinarily fast rejections could be a procedural error.

Ultimately we can all speculate on these reasons but this is the key post.

When you speak to them, make sure you are getting a personalised answer that relates specifically to your application and not some generic answer. If you don't get an answer that deals specifically with your situation, look for the admissions tutor for your course or the head of your course on the departmental website and email. Telephoning is always better than emailing if you get someone able to discuss your situation, but if you don't, you should email someone.

This does look like "computer says no". That suggests your application does not meet their minimum requirements. If you do, then there may have been an error on your form that could have a similar effect on your other choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending