The Student Room Group

First person in my family to attend Uni/ UCAS Application

On my UCAS form and in my personal statement I've put that I will be the first person in my family to attend University but I've just found out that my Dad actually has a degree. Although I'm not sure whether he actually attended a University or did it online, I do know that he got it some time in the last 5 years.
Will this affect my UCAS application? Do they actually check this sort of thing and should I let my UCAS Officer know or do I just hope they don't check?I feel awful but he doesn't live with me and I don't see him on a regular basis which is why I just found out.
He doesn't live with you, you don't see him often, he obviously hasn't been much help during the application process. Unless your referee has said something different or he actually got his degree from one of the universities you applied to I should leave well alone.

It really doesn't make a lot of difference to your aplication. Your grades are the most important thing and although they may be a bit more lenient with offers because your family are not academic they'd probably treat you just the same if they knew the position.
telephone ucas and explain the position they will understand in the circumstances
Reply 3
Original post by Livia Violet
On my UCAS form and in my personal statement I've put that I will be the first person in my family to attend University but I've just found out that my Dad actually has a degree. Although I'm not sure whether he actually attended a University or did it online, I do know that he got it some time in the last 5 years.
Will this affect my UCAS application? Do they actually check this sort of thing and should I let my UCAS Officer know or do I just hope they don't check?I feel awful but he doesn't live with me and I don't see him on a regular basis which is why I just found out.

Don't worry. They'll never find out. It was an honest mistake. I put the same despite my auntie obtaining a degree sort of thing 8ish years ago, I genuinely forgot about her when I wrote my application then my mum reminded me! Doubt it'll make much difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending